For Sale Axle Jig & Parts to Build a Custom Toyota 8" or 9.5" Axle Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could a jig like this be used to fabricate a shortened FJ60 rear axle to match the length of a late FJ40 rear axle? If so, I think it would generate a lot of interest for those wanting to install a late H41/H55f with split transfer case. It seems like it's the easiest way to retain parking brakes, and would save a little length (~7/8") on an H55f installation (no parking brake drum on rear of case). There are plenty of good used FJ60 axle housings and brake hardware out there waiting to be put to good use. Probably long side FJ40 rear axle shafts. Not so much with drum parking brake split transfer cases/conversion parts. Because I'm putting an '84 H41 in my '71 FJ40 I don't have many installation issues, so I sprung for a parking brake split case.

@mel lowe

AFAIK, Dean has the inner bearing jigs that also use inserts to bring the inner diameter to 1.5" and outer spindle jigs. I don't know if he has inserts that would fit the outer axle bearing surface, which is what you would need to align a semi-floating axle.
EDIT: it looks like he might be have Toyota LC semi-floating outer pucks.

Last edited:
AFAIK, Dean has the inner bearing jigs that also use inserts to bring the inner diameter to 1.25" and outer spindle jigs. I don't know if he has inserts that would fit the outer axle bearing surface, which is what you would need to align a semi-floating axle.
Thanks. I've got his contact information - will give him a call. Replied to the referenced post on Pirate4X4 but haven't got a response yet.

You can buy the bar from summit racing and get a machine shop to make the pucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom