2005 A750F with P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance or Stuck Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I retrieved this code after my experience below. My truck manufacture date is Feb 2005 with ~284,000mi. I checked the FSM and can't find Pressure Control Solenoid D?

Can anyone confirm my assumption below?

Based on the table below item Description, I'm assuming it's Item #5 ?
Switches, Solenoids & Actuators for 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser | McGeorge Toyota Parts - https://parts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/v-2005-toyota-land-cruiser--base--4-7l-v8-gas/transmission--switches-solenoids-and-actuators

Started experiencing an issue on the way back home from a 350mi trip. It was a cold morning (30F) on the day of our departure and within in a few 100 yds from starting the car, we were on a very steep decline so I had the transmission on 2nd and then shifted to D on the incline but the truck barely moved in fact it struggled to stay in place. I shifted back and forth between L to D and then R. R seems to work but eventually I was able to climb the hill on D. We were able to get home 350+miles back with no further issues. I used the truck all week with no observed issue until yesterday evening. I was stopped at a stop sign and as I stepped on the accelerator the truck did not move or crawled barely enough to put me in the middle of a busy intersection. I was able to R back into the street I came from. After a few times it took to D and I was able to get home.

Just as background info, I just installed a new oil pan and filter/screen after the original drain bolt got stripped during removal while doing a transmission drain and fill. Yes I did the level check at the correct temp and having it trickle down the Overflow Tube. Prior to this attempt to drain and refill, the truck has been rock solid.

I do still need to check the transmission harness which some folks here found to be corroded.

Thanks in advance

Yes, that's it. Recently replaced the one in my '04. Mine was part number 35290-60030 but it varies based on your VIN and not just the model year. You'll also need to move the front driveshaft out of the way. That gave me a bit of a headache but not too bad once I figured it out.

Search my posts and you'll see my similar P2714 problems with mine.

Yes, that's it. Recently replaced the one in my '04. Mine was part number 35290-60030 but it varies based on your VIN and not just the model year. You'll also need to move the front driveshaft out of the way. That gave me a bit of a headache but not too bad once I figured it out.

Search my posts and you'll see my similar P2714 problems with mine.
Sorry - meant to respond on this thread

Thanks Chris! I did read your post earlier. Where in this photo is the solenoid you replaced?

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 3.02.34 PM.png

It's the SLT one on the bottom of the pic. Those are on the passenger side when you climb under it. You gotta pull the filter off too to access the little metal clip that holds it in place.

TOY750_solenoid_ID.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom