Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the tips. I might want to tune it later for more HP but 407HP might be plenty.

I was planning to use the Dakota Digital factory style gauges so I probably wouldn’t use the Holly display…tough that display will be nice for the initial start before my dash display is installed. Thanks for the info. Could you attach a picture of your engine bay when you get a chance?

Your Cruiser is going to be amazing! I can’t wait to meet at a trail. Our Cruisers should look very similar when they are done.
1673276137560.jpeg

Mike, here a couple of pics for reference. I just completed all my fuel lines and fuel cell install. Now moving onto the PSI stand alone wiring harness. This have to pickup a chassis harness. I will give an update on this Monday. If I can delete it I will. But I need to check with PSI first. If I can’t delete I will run a fuel line to a charcoal canister to catch the vapors.
Keep up the good work on your build!! Looking great.

View attachment 3213178

View attachment 3213179
I spoke to my wiring harness guys at PSI. The EVAP has been deleted from my ecu. So I will delete it and block off.

9B6969F6-A2B5-4EEC-A9C0-0CC6963F6F51.jpeg

This looks very clean! Nice work on the intake and brake master cylinder retrofit. How well does that radiator cool the engine in 100+ degree Fahrenheit weather? I was looking at the same brand.

@mtweller
Thanks. I'm running a brushless fan and drove it here in NC in stop and go traffic and she keeps it nice and cool under 210. Fan speed is controlled by the ECU and and is only spinning about 50% duty cycle at that temp, so plenty of "oomph" left should it be commanded. That's a brushless 14" fan and if I ever see it topping 215 or so I'll retune it to spin faster at a lower temp. I know the LS engines really like that 200-210 operating temp and I'm typically 195-205 with low fan demand. I'd say that rad is plenty for my 6.0L, which is pretty much stock.

Thanks, @mtweller. Your setup sounds perfect. I am excited to hop back under the hood and hook things up. Would you happen to have a part number from your radiator?
1-58182-XLS $384.67 (when I ordered it May '21)

1-58182-XLS $384.67 (when I ordered it May '21)
If your engine placement is similar, I was able to modify the following hoses to work quite nicely:

Upper Rad Hose: Dayco Curved Radiator Hose 71848
Lower Rad Hose: Dayco Curved Radiator Hose 72191CQ

Also, FYI, I was able to use the stock rad support by cutting and stretching it a bit and then you can see the little brackets I fabbed to hold the "custom" shroud. That shroud was a universal kit I bought with the fan from Wizard Cooling.

If your engine placement is similar, I was able to modify the following hoses to work quite nicely:

Upper Rad Hose: Dayco Curved Radiator Hose 71848
Lower Rad Hose: Dayco Curved Radiator Hose 72191CQ

Also, FYI, I was able to use the stock rad support by cutting and stretching it a bit and then you can see the little brackets I fabbed to hold the "custom" shroud. That shroud was a universal kit I bought with the fan from Wizard Cooling.
Outstanding! Thanks for the part numbers. Finding the right hoses can be a challenge. I’ve bookmarked this for later reference. I set my engine a little further back and lower than my SBC and there seems to be a good amount of space in front. I am hoping to stuff a condenser up there, too. This is all for next year though it’s great to collect the info along the way. My goal for this year is to finish the suspension, body and paint.

Outstanding! Thanks for the part numbers. Finding the right hoses can be a challenge. I’ve bookmarked this for later reference. I set my engine a little further back and lower than my SBC and there seems to be a good amount of space in front. I am hoping to stuff a condenser up there, too. This is all for next year though it’s great to collect the info along the way. My goal for this year is to finish the suspension, body and paint.
Yeah, those 2 part numbers represent a few hours in the formed hose section in AutoZone lol.

Thanks. I'm running a brushless fan and drove it here in NC in stop and go traffic and she keeps it nice and cool under 210. Fan speed is controlled by the ECU and and is only spinning about 50% duty cycle at that temp, so plenty of "oomph" left should it be commanded. That's a brushless 14" fan and if I ever see it topping 215 or so I'll retune it to spin faster at a lower temp. I know the LS engines really like that 200-210 operating temp and I'm typically 195-205 with low fan demand. I'd say that rad is plenty for my 6.0L, which is pretty much stock.
What air intake are you running. I need to order one. Thanks.

What air intake are you running. I need to order one. Thanks.
Filter: K&N: RG-1001RD
Silicon Elbow: Spectre Performance 9781 Black 4" 90 Degree Boot

The painted tube I fabbed out of 4" steel exhaust mandrel bends

Video is private. Gotta make it public on YT.

Edit: can see it now. Def looks like moab or sand hollow to me.

Last edited:
Poison Spider ? we normally run Poison spider Golden spike ,Gold bar Rim , Where Eagles Dare .

My test wheel finally arrived and it appears that everything will clear. Nothing needs to move in the front (although the tire gets very close to the bib and I am afraid to flex it because the rear isn’t stable) and I am one step closer to being ready to continue with redoing the rear coilover towers. I still need my coilovers and the junk tub.

The wheels are Sidetrack Offroad 17x9 beadlocks on 4.25 backspace and 63” WMS to WMS.

21789B9C-7F3B-48CB-A828-DBC255EC3712.jpeg

E0680912-1447-4B69-ACCE-CB9DF0F59E1A.jpeg

5231D7CC-A829-4C73-A7D0-20C4866AB6BB.jpeg

4E5181EF-A249-44C0-A092-52FB0E3F7E92.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom