Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really liked your idea about going Porsche Chalk Grey.

That's still a thought as well. Every pic I see of that color, it looks different.

I need to give the guy the color choice in about two weeks. The green does give me a military-feel. I'd be ok with not having a military-feel ever again beside receiving my pension and VA payments 😁

Last edited:
That's still a thought as well. Every pic I see of that color, it looks different.

I need to give the guy the color choice in about two weeks. The green does give me a military-feel. I'd be ok with not having a military-feel ever again beside receiving my pension and VA payments 😁

Dune Beige! Would be way sleeker than a German color...

I had a new 911 in Chalk Grey. One of my favorite Porsche colors.

1670878293258.jpeg

I had a new 911 in Chalk Grey. One of my favorite Porsche colors.

View attachment 3191949

Some pics it looks lighter, others darker, sometimes it even looks like a slight hint of pink. Lighting and cameras I guess. I haven't seen this color in person so I have no idea. I'm definitely not opposed to it though. Gray certainly fits my daily mindset 🙂

porsche-991.2-gt3-touring-with-bronze-bbs-fi-r-wheels-1-1.jpg

f58b7009109363153ebc515ddb570c47.jpg

chalk-2018-porsche-911-gt3-has-invisible-ccx-side-stripes-122549_1.jpg

Some pics it looks lighter, others darker, sometimes it even looks like a slight hint of pink. Lighting and cameras I guess. I haven't seen this color in person so I have no idea. I'm definitely not opposed to it though. Gray certainly fits my daily mindset 🙂

View attachment 3192513

View attachment 3192512

View attachment 3192511
Haven’t seen one in person in that color but the pinkish tone is likely a mix of lighting and bad digital camera color temperature/white balance choice.

Tony installed the rings & pistons today. He also did rear main seal, oil pickup, oil pan and the rear timing case. 😎

View attachment 2742735View attachment 2742736View attachment 2742737View attachment 2742738View attachment 2742739

Once assembled, we gave it a run by hand. 😆

If I didn’t already know I would think these are new pistons. Everything is-did assemble beautifully.

Cheers

bit late to the post, do all engines turn so smoothly by hand like you demonstrated ?

bit late to the post, do all engines turn so smoothly by hand like you demonstrated ?

In regular engines, with no ancillaries, yes. It should be buttery smooth. Cylinder walls were well oiled and bearings were gooped with assembly lube.

In something like a NASCAR or high performance drag car with tight bearing tolerances, not so much.

Blow out!, just sat and went through the whole post. Thank you for showing how it is done proper. Very humbling.

I think it would be difficult not to stand out in that cruiser, in any colour. Understand you being over green, but yogi bears drive green cars too.

I really have never understood why people feel the need to express their opinions in a persons build thread.

#1: The person who owns the truck doesn't care what your opinion is.

#2: If a person wants advice or opinions in a build thread they will ask for it. Pretty simple concept to follow.

#3: Expressing your opinion in persons build thread makes people not want to share their truck or the build. Like it or not that is how it is.

#4: It is rude.

#5: Have some respect for what a guy wants to do with is own truck, love it or leave it!

#6: Didn't your mama teach you some manners? Don't have anything constructive or positive to say, zip it!

#7: This thread has had more views since Tony posted it (for the amount of time it has been on here) than just about any other thread here in the 70-section in recent years. That means lot's of people are interested in the build, they just don't feel the need to post their opinions or whatever.

#8: I have had a number of v8 Cruisers, haters are going to hate. That is what they do. I have also had and built crazy diesels. No matter how you slice it, a nice v8 is the most bang for the buck hands down. Millions of people own v8 swapped trucks and have put hundreds of thousands of miles on them with no issues. So, try it before you hate it!

#9: 9 out of 10 people who put down a v8 swap or whatever have never driven a v8 Cruiser. If they have chances are 50/50 it was a junk hack job swap.

#10: Who in their right mind wouldn't think this is an awesome build and be excited to watch it unfold is beyond me, especially since it is not YOUR MONEY! Ya know, Tony or myself don't have to post anything at all about the truck. It isn't like he is looking for a bunch of people here to hug his nuts!

Cheers
yes too true, but a discussion forum is simply going to get opinions. Throw in folks with addictive personalities and they get hooked on giving their opinions, this too is human nature. I am very guilty here.

Another chinese proverb is 'higher monkey climbs, more he bares his arse'.

Much appreciate the thread, (sorry for sharing my opinion!)

yes too true, but a discussion forum is simply going to get opinions. Throw in folks with addictive personalities and they get hooked on giving their opinions, this too is human nature. I am very guilty here.

Another chinese proverb is 'higher monkey climbs, more he bares his arse'.

Much appreciate the thread, (sorry for sharing my opinion!)

It's all gravy. Glad you're enjoying the thread.

Next phase for this money pit will be primering the whole thing and sand it. Then prime it again and sand it again.

Then color time.

Pretty sure my color choice is going to rustle jimmies.

I'd prefer nothing that reminds me of the military. But the reason is a story for a campfire not a forum. :)
This statement penetrates my very core.

I am looking forward to what you pick out for color. This is a fun build to follow along with...helluva retirement gift to yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom