Builds The honey badger build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally I got things tacked in today. Everything looks good. I need to cycle everything and if good I will pull it and burn it in . Then powder coat . I am running Aluminum links so now I can get those ordered as well. I really like the stance. I was worried it would be to wide but it’s good

57727F9E-0136-499D-B37D-8C4A938F5B04.jpeg

1C9E8DD8-E762-4E4E-8C20-E8457F352C45.jpeg

A05B5917-B542-469D-9912-06C342634735.jpeg

0EEFD505-560A-4D12-BDE7-86C724D79574.jpeg

Finally I got things tacked in today. Everything looks good. I need to cycle everything and if good I will pull it and burn it in . Then powder coat . I am running Aluminum links so now I can get those ordered as well. I really like the stance. I was worried it would be to wide but it’s good

View attachment 3213947

View attachment 3213948

View attachment 3213949

View attachment 3213950
Sweet!

Did you do any link calculator work to look at anti-squat, roll center, etc? Just curious. My '77 has a proffits link suspension or kit (unsure who actually did the work) and it has bad roll steer. I measured everything out and entered the measurements into the link calculator spreadsheet and sure enough, the results say I should have roll steer. Someday I'll get around to adjusting everything so it works better. The only place it bothers me is driving on the road, which rarely happens.

I did not. I went with what would fit in the area i have . I put my axle where i wanted it and the link mounts where they could go . The Blue 40 has a Proffits link set up and i do not like it at all . This looks so much better Plus its adjustable so i can mess with it some . Links are 28 inch lowers and 30 inch upper. There is 12 inches of separation from lower to upper

YOu are doing really nice work. Enjoying it! Those Diamond axles are BEAUTIFUL. Brian E is building me a set. I also have a rear 4 link form Proffitt's back from 2007. I've been pretty happy with mine and I have not decided to keep it with the new axles or not. I would love to run some coil overs for sure though. Next Winters project will be my 3 link up front and new axles. I just want to get my rig running for the spring and attend some trail runs and hit my local trails. Since Blue and my rig are probably pretty similar I would love to see pics of it here. That's for the inspiration.

You will be very happy with the Diamond axles . I originally bought these to do a SAS on my FJ cruiser . Then I got a 40 and 3 40s later the FJ c is fine as it is 😃. I was worried that these would be to wide but it’s perfect . Also I was worried about having a centered diff. And it’s good . I had toy axles in my Sami and the d-line was angled and I never had a problem. This is a dedicated wheeler so it’s all slow crawling speeds

I just set a diff in and a front D-line just to get a idea.

DBD92815-1FA1-43D0-941D-8018F64A2786.jpeg

F9EA3922-2FB8-409D-8385-2E7D06FA1B1B.jpeg

Nice. Going to keep mine rear off centered and run all FJ80 stock length inner shafts front RCV front and rear. Your dog is a sweet shop companion.

FWIW this rear is a Full Float with IFS wheel hubs and is 66 wms-wms

So the blue 40 has 60 axles and they are offset with the offset diff you run into a issue with the upper link hitting the driveline when its flexed out

Spacing those uppers apart some will help a lot with the roll center and will limit body roll. makes it a lot nicer to drive.

Spacing those uppers apart some will help a lot with the roll center and will limit body roll. makes it a lot nicer to drive.
I would have to build a truss . Certainly something i can do But i would only be able to get maybe 2 inches of separation . I would never build a 40 again at least for a off road only rig . I would start with a different platform for sure , but we are in this one now so i will do the best i can with it .

Link mounts are glued together. Making a run down to Valley Hybrids this weekend to drop of the Orion to get a full rebuild . Then picking up another set of the correct doors and stopping by Summit to see something 😃. I ordered aluminum links so those are coming. My seats should have come today 🤔. And I have a bunch of stuff coming from Front Range . My brake stuff still has not shipped from JT 👎. And I decided not to cut and flip my front axle so a new one is being built. I will just keep
This one for the day I really decided to cut my FJc up. Little by little it’s getting there

CD8DA0E3-1358-41E0-99BD-58C722BF84C3.jpeg

B24E5DB4-953F-4B02-9D6A-BF0367AB007E.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost forgot. i pulled the rear doors and the windshield frame And thats all getting sandblasted and Powder Coated . I am going to pull the rear 1/4s and Cerakote those. as soon as i get everything in place with the axle i will pull it and getting it PC anything i can unbolt i will probably Cerakote

Left real early yesterday morning and drove down ( crazy storm all the way ) to meet Georg at Valley Hybrids to have him work his magic and do a full rebuild on my Orion case . Then I made my way up to John P place ( was great to meet you John ) and picked up
A truck load of parts 😃. After that I figured I better get over the hill 😳. And boom the snow was coming down 😃. Finally made it up
To Tahoe and called it a night . Woke up today ready to hit the 3rd stop 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom