Tried to start. dash lights, flickering. Next Day NOTHING. Battery Charged Won’t Start..help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 05 LX470 has been sitting about three weeks while I wait for the ABS pump to get here. I went to start it just to move it a little bit yesterday and all the dash lights started to flicker I heard clicking, but it wouldn’t start. I thought the battery had somehow started to drain may be related to the ABS issue? Came back the next day with a battery charger and an auto jumper. Hooked it up charger showed full charge, but the vehicle still had no electronics whatsoever. When you turn the key it wouldn’t even unlock the doors. Tried to use the auto start feature on my charger to no avail. I’m completely stumped. Does anyone have any idea of a starting place? Of course I checked the fuses. That was the first thing I checked. Everything is perfect.

When the ABS pump went out, the truck ran perfect. And there was no battery electronics or starter issue. Thanks I just need some kind of a starting point.

The first thing to check is always the battery connections--remove them and reinstall clean and tight. Your symptoms are indicative of either a dirty battery terminal connection or a serious electronic issue that is unlikely based on your situation. I would also verify that turning the ignition switch "feels" normal.

The first thing to check is always the battery connections--remove them and reinstall clean and tight. Your symptoms are indicative of either a dirty battery terminal connection or a serious electronic issue that is unlikely based on your situation. I would also verify that turning the ignition switch "feels" normal.
Yeah, that was the first thing I did

Yeah, that was the first thing I did
Get a cheap volt meter and check battery voltage first to help make sense of your next step otherwise it's a guessing game. Sometimes those trickle charger / jump starter deals can be junk, not saying your is but you just need to get battery voltage as a starting point.

Maybe a few pics from under the hood to see if anything obvious stands out

It does sound like a bad ground.

Get a cheap volt meter and check battery voltage first to help make sense of your next step otherwise it's a guessing game. Sometimes those trickle charger / jump starter deals can be junk, not saying your is but you just need to get battery voltage as a starting point.

Maybe a few pics from under the hood to see if anything obvious stands out
Good advice and I’m going to do that for sure. I’m hoping it’s just the battery. I should have the ABS pump tomorrow and will hopefully install on Sunday. Just have to take it one step at a time.

Good advice and I’m going to do that for sure. I’m hoping it’s just the battery. I should have the ABS pump tomorrow and will hopefully install on Sunday. Just have to take it one step at a time.

Any luck?

Any luck?
Sorry, yeah I got the install done. It was a pain, but I was able to find the hidden knots behind the VGRS boot. I ended up having to get a new battery bled the brakes without Techstream because I don’t have a Windows computer. I have to pick one up something cheap but I bled the ABS using the dirt road slam on brakes a few times technique she’s running and stopping. Great, thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom