Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I’m pondering a different camping setup 🤷🏻‍♂️

29D36302-0DF2-4B8E-9D3B-CE5C00A1AFF5.jpeg
384F1E18-22EF-41C3-BA5F-14CAC1A4733B.jpeg

03B9E489-03DC-4757-A354-DE355B9A6B24.jpeg

@Hitoy4x4 I didn’t know you could request which magnet you received from Rockauto. If I had any left I would send it to you. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think I bought that tag from @ToyotaMatt

It was time to let the old man stretch his legs. So I drove Samson to the club meeting last night.

C8BDB58D-9AAA-4830-9861-29F740FA8367.jpeg

Such a sweet truck. I know 80 series aren't much on your radar (didn't you say mine was the first you ever rode in when we were at SAS2?) but that 40th next to you is pretty nice. I wish we in our little group in Michigan had such get togethers! If the drive was less I would join in!

My birthday present arrived early 🤓. Now Samson has a little buddy.

E71B28D8-1191-41EA-8B3D-6D8F48717DB2.jpeg
00DF47A7-9F19-41A9-87DF-0C8588A8616D.jpeg

Made in USA on tires 😂!

That‘s an RC model! 😎

Last edited:
Thanks Mike!

Paul I had not noticed the “made in USA”. That’s hilarious because the RC came from China.

For the price this unit has very good detailing. The hood, doors and tailgate open. The top is removable and the windshield lays down. It has a Hi/Lo transfer case and all of the lights function. The headlights have Hi/Lo beams, the turn signals work F/R, tail lights, stop lights and reverse lights. The frame is metal with functional leaf springs and shocks. All of this for about $250.00 shipped.

I haven't checked in here for ages.
Really love the model. Do you know if there is also a troopie version available?

I haven't checked in here for ages.
Really love the model. Do you know if there is also a troopie version available?
Hi Mark! It’s great to hear from you. I have not seen one yet. The model is made by FMC. You might look them up to see what their entire line of models include. Will you be visiting the states anytime time soon?

Hi Michael!

Unfortunately a visit to the states is not in the books anytime soon.
I'm toying with the idea to ship over my diesel 100 series daily one day. Drive around the us for a while and sell it. It needs to be over 25 year old, but it's "only" 18 now. So that won't happen for at least 7 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom