What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was that engine working in this condition? Or an engine you are repairing
I didn’t think I could have more respect for the platform but if that turned over…
1673362029201.png

It is a engine I might be repairing. I need to tear down the bottom end and see what the crank looks like. I knew it had been sitting but I was not aware of the moisture or I probable would have passed. Everything is fixable so far.
Amazing stuff 👏 wish i could witness the repair. Please share if you have any videos or repair thread

Took advantage of the weather and an early 2023 snow run up in Big Bear. We did John Bull Trail and were the only rigs on the trail. The trail was very icey, so put on chains in the rear and running 8psi to help with traction. Was a great day, and only had to pull winch once.
20230107_144020.jpg

20230107_142225.jpg

20230107_134003.jpg

20230107_144744.jpg

Starting cleaning up the block vinegar works wonders on rust 24hr soak and shop vac out. Then a light scotch bright scrub with diesel should do the trick. Starting cleaning cams with a brass brush and diesel followed by a scotch bright polish. Should take 2/3 hours to clean these up but new cams are pricey!!

75B9F4BD-72FB-46EC-A84F-91111F892FA8.jpeg

977D7B5B-C54B-48D7-B1B9-B7EE5CBC41D0.jpeg

Starting cleaning up the block vinegar works wonders on rust 24hr soak and shop vac out. Then a light scotch bright scrub with diesel should do the trick. Starting cleaning cams with a brass brush and diesel followed by a scotch bright polish. Should take 2/3 hours to clean these up but new cams are pricey!!

View attachment 3216085

View attachment 3216086
Won't the cams be pitted?

Won't the cams be pitted?
To be determined! I have about 1/2 of the intake cam lobs cleaned up and they don’t have any pitting. But yes this is my biggest concern. Ill
Post up pictures after possibly waisting a hour of my time.

To be determined! I have about 1/2 of the intake cam lobs cleaned up and they don’t have any pitting. But yes this is my biggest concern. Ill
Post up pictures after possibly waisting a hour of my time.
But the pits will hold more oil and lubricate better!

Well I think this motor will go to the scrap yard and save the parts that are salvageable(not much). The pitting on the shims is pretty bad and the cam lobs could Be ground but then I need to size new shims. Not sure if it worth the money I’ll be into this to resell.

424BB962-E593-47F7-B8E5-6BFBB8EE3244.jpeg

59D904B8-A0C6-435B-923F-3ADDAC5C1FA2.jpeg

13AA8AF2-C5B5-4134-87BC-D7ACF6C2436E.jpeg

The cams are garbage, so is the head.

Finally heard back from legendex

They said 409 stainless will eventually rust and they recommend repainting it every 7-8 years. They have no explanation why mine is rusting after 7-8 months. So I'll pull it. Strip it to bare metal, repaint it and reinstall it. They are offering no help. So while it's off I'll make sure to grind off the legendex logo. I'm not advertising for a company that brags about a warranty and then says sorry....

They said 409 stainless will eventually rust and they recommend repainting it every 7-8 years. They have no explanation why mine is rusting after 7-8 months. So I'll pull it. Strip it to bare metal, repaint it and reinstall it. They are offering no help. So while it's off I'll make sure to grind off the legendex logo. I'm not advertising for a company that brags about a warranty and then says sorry....
Sounds like a quality company everyone should throw their money at. 🤡🤡

Man that sucks, they should swap it the very least and figure out what went wrong on their own time not yours

That sucks dude.

Why not ceramic coat while it's off? Be done with the issue permanently.

built a fence and hauled some livestock. definitely a first. 101 uses for an 80 number __
F7C6B732-731E-434D-920D-5DB1232F05A1.jpeg

tensioning with the xrc90
1D774C6D-48F8-48DA-B46F-16F5751EF7D7.jpeg

Jump out boy
C3C78A66-69D9-476B-94DF-957BED1E355C.jpeg

no seats or windows damaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom