First gen Sequoia value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ozarkmud

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone,

I've had very little interest in my Sequoia. I think I bought it at the peak of the market prices, and in a rush. As it stands it's listed for less than what I've paid, especially after money I've put into it (not a ton, but a few hundred easily).

I have it listed in the classifieds and Craigslist: For Sale - North Idaho: 2007 Toyota Sequoia 4x4 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/north-idaho-2007-toyota-sequoia-4x4.1290586/

In the area, there's a number of Sequoias that seem like a better deal. I wish I saw these before buying this one!

What do you think my Sequoia is worth? I'm thinking I need to drop the price. Some people will prefer the extra power and AWD option the '07 has, but it also has hatch woes, needs the shocks installed, etc. But it seems like there's reasonable Sequoias being listed at $5,900 that seem a little nicer than this one. So is it really only worth maybe $5,000?

Thank you!

7500 is reasonable in CA with critical components already addressed. 05-07 is much more desirable than 03/04. 6500-6k will move it quicker.
*Torsen center diff lock
*vvti engine,
*5spd transmission

I paid $8500 for mine at the height of the craziness, and am in the same market area as you. It’s an ‘03 but has the same milage as yours. It also had a fresh OEM timing belt done, and the following done in the previous 5-10,000 miles:

Toytec Ultimate suspension with Bilsteins and SPC uppers, OEM LBJs, brakes, Method wheels, Falken ATs, new Toyota battery, Magnaflow exhaust, interior LEDs, and a whole slew of other stuff.

The total bills for parts and labor (I have them) tops $11,000. It was an exceptional deal I think, but it shows what is out there if you look. Your ad is very honest, but the list of small to med sized repairs needed might be the issue. Maybe you are being too honest🤣. I’d consider putting the shocks in, and trying to fix the rear hatch. Your tires look ok as well (aside from being the same crap Falkin tires as mine). If you fix a few things, assuming you are able to, you’d likely get more interest.

I appreciate your replies! Thank you.

It's just been sitting a while and am wanting to move on another 80 series. Decided to drop it to $5,900, matching the other prices we saw. I figure the condition is not as good as some of them, but the newer vehicles do have some desirable features. I wonder if more people are selling their larger vehicles now, given the gas prices.

I agree, the ad may not read as well as it could. I like being upfront with people, though. It's nice to get the same when I'm a buyer.

Honesty is always the best way to roll, and I didn’t mean you should not tell people what you know. But things like the tires look ok in the photos, so let people make up their own minds on them, rather than having them think they need to drop $1500 right away. Lots of people are happy to run tires down to nothing (I’m not one of them) so to those people, they might be good for a year or two. These Sequoias are great trucks, and frankly, the best bargain in a Toyota 4x4 in my mind.

I think car prices are falling generally. Not just big SUVs. Tesla just dropped the Model y price by about $12k across the board. Bummer if you bought one last week. But that also tells me that sales are way down if they're dropping price 20%.

But I'm not seeing the old LC80's, 4R, etc change much. Seems like the higher prices are pretty sticky for those. At least for now.

I would clean it very well and take some new pictures. It looks like it's been sitting in a cow pasture, and you're asking top market dollar. Definitely fix all the problems you have listed, fluid film that rust and you'd probably get 5k for it. As was said already, prices are coming down to a more "normal" market value for a 16 year old truck with over 200k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom