1HD FTE (pre heater / EGR valve) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see what your saying but when the butterfly is in the horizontal position, its profile is only 3mm. Compared to the EGT valve of the heater plate, the restriction caused by the butterfly is almost non existent.

Man, where has the time gone.

Looking for more torque to pull that caravan or boat in your 100 series?? Then this is for you!!!

ThisView attachment 3208805View attachment 3208806View attachment 3208807View attachment 3208808View attachment 3208809 is for two adapters in the crossover pipe from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. The first is the replacement of the heater block and the second is the replacement of the EGR valve block.

These adapters were made to remove airflow restrictions in the crossover pipe. Both adapters are made from 6061 alloy and are milled millimeter perfect on a 4 axis CNC machine. Each cast Toyota crossover pipe is slightly different. As you can see in the pics I've gone to a lot of trouble to match port both adapters (on both sides of the plate) to increase air velocity and decrease turbulence.

1 The first pic is of both adapters.
2 The next four pics are of both sides of the adapters with there opposite mating face. They are millimeter perfect.
3 The next pic shows how close the porting is on the inside of the heater adapter.
4 The next pic with the green background is the OEM heater which shows how obstructive to airflow it is.
5 The next two pics show the inlet of the crossover pipe with the heater in and then with the replacement adapter in.
6 The last pic is looking into the EGR replacement adapter again the porting is millimeter perfect.

Any questions send me an email, easy horsepower gain.
Hi Mate,

The preheater and egr blocks look good.
Do you have any available for purchase ?
Looking at doing the same to my 2002 HDJ100 1HD-FTE.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Mate,

The preheater and egr blocks look good.
Do you have any available for purchase ?
Looking at doing the same to my 2002 HDJ100 1HD-FTE.

Thanks, Rob
Rob, in case you weren't aware, the pre-2003 cars battery setup is different to the post-2002's. So don't just take the conversation here as gospel. Also, I think the early cars used vacuum for something other than the EGR so check that before deleting everything.

Rob, in case you weren't aware, the pre-2003 cars battery setup is different to the post-2002's. So don't just take the conversation here as gospel. Also, I think the early cars used vacuum for something other than the EGR so check that before deleting everything.
Mine is right on the changeover. 09/2002. Got the 5 speed auto and looks to be identical set-up as TOY12HT's pics.

Thanks for your posts, all good info.

I maybe a step a head!

I've made two CAD files, one for the heater block and one for the EGR valve block. Both blocks machined on a 4 axis CNC.

I also bought the Toyota EGR replacement block but the one I'm making is significantly cheaper.

I'm just editing my vid for you-tube now. In the vid I show the 3D plastic printed examples. The machined products will be exactly the same.

Im going to machine up 10 of each to begin with, but it obviously gets a little cheaper the more you do. CNC machine time is not cheap. so let me know if your interested. Im going to try and finish the editing tonight. If I can Ill post a link in this thread.

My goal was to decrease restrictions, ease of transition through the alloy (6160) blocks and maintain air velocity to intake manifold. Yes people will want to disent the semantics of that, but that was the goal. I have a PDI intercooler, GTurbo Red Wheel, PDI airbox (which Ive also done some mods to and a 4" stainless snorkel.
Can we buy these blocks Toy12HT?

Looking for more torque to pull that caravan or boat in your 100 series?? Then this is for you!!!

ThisView attachment 3208805View attachment 3208806View attachment 3208807View attachment 3208808View attachment 3208809 is for two adapters in the crossover pipe from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. The first is the replacement of the heater block and the second is the replacement of the EGR valve block.

These adapters were made to remove airflow restrictions in the crossover pipe. Both adapters are made from 6061 alloy and are milled millimeter perfect on a 4 axis CNC machine. Each cast Toyota crossover pipe is slightly different. As you can see in the pics I've gone to a lot of trouble to match port both adapters (on both sides of the plate) to increase air velocity and decrease turbulence.

2 The next four pics are of both sides of the adapters with there opposite mating face. They are millimeter perfect.
3 The next pic shows how close the porting is on the inside of the heater adapter.
4 The next pic with the green background is the OEM heater which shows how obstructive to airflow it is.
5 The next two pics show the inlet of the crossover pipe with the heater in and then with the replacement adapter in.
6 The last pic is looking into the EGR replacement adapter again the porting is millimeter perfect.

I would be interested in buying the two blocks! As I’m about to disassemble, clean intake, set valve clearances on 2006 Sahara.

How much are you after for a set of adapters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom