Long Travel AHC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unless anyone sees something obviously flawed, I'll make a 3d print to verify fitment on Monday.
I don't have a dog in this race (no AHC), but I know it isn't uncommon to have the lower shock stud bent a little bit with use (or the mount itself be slightly out of whack from taking rock hits). What is the tolerance for the stud and mount to be a little imperfect?

I don't have a dog in this race (no AHC), but I know it isn't uncommon to have the lower shock stud bent a little bit with use (or the mount itself be slightly out of whack from taking rock hits). What is the tolerance for the stud and mount to be a little imperfect?
I didn't realize the stock mount had an issue with bending. Do you have any pictures of a bent mount, are yours bent?

The hole I was going to index off is ~15mm and the bolt to secure it is 12mm. So +/- 1.5mm.

I didn't realize the stock mount had an issue with bending. Do you have any pictures of a bent mount, are yours bent?

The hole I was going to index off is ~15mm and the bolt to secure it is 12mm. So +/- 1.5mm.
I should have prefaced that I haven't seen a bent one on a 200/LX, but I know I've seen 80s and other various studs bent. I don't *think* mine are bent!?!:steer:

Also, it'd be difficult to know if they are bent or not in OEM form, simply because the shock bushing and stock mounting allow for so much variation (you wouldn't notice small issues with stock parts), and it's not a part that you could look at and easily tell. You may not notice until you tried to mount up the relo bracket.

It fits without interference.

20230110_165947.jpg

20230110_165832.jpg

How many takers you have? I’d be more interested at the lower price thresholds..
There wasn't much interest, I think 2 others.

Shiney bauble! Looks like a work of art.

In terms of cost, I think it's reasonable for the capability gained compared any other method of long travel. Besides unavailability of other solutions, traditional shocks with labor, etc... This thing drops right in and is reversible.

Looks awesome and 100% adds capability. On the other hand, price shock is a factor. Unfortunately, building parts to operate a profitable business and pleasing the masses are two separate things. Regardless if its mentioned or not, 4-600 dollars for brackets is a lot for the general consumer, unless they have something to compare it to. Unfortunately, anything like this for any other models is 1-200 bucks, the problem is those products are apples to oranges.

I will say, by moving the shock mount up 1.7 inches and combining that with proper bump stops, is an absolutely transformative modification for an AHC LX on 35s. When compared to the 1000s of dollars spent on other models to obtain 12-13 inches of travel, its a drop in the bucket. To support this mod properly your looking at about 800-1200 all in for increased travel and comfort with a sensor lift, depending on your bump solution. I had to cut and weld to get some of the results these provide, there is value in convenience.

Well....based on the advice above...i'll throw in that i'd take a set if you got to the 5.

I'm in the interested camp, but financially not prepared to buy since I've got tires and some other maintenance items to do first. Timeline maybe mid summer. If we get to the 10 person/$400 threashold, I'd do it now. Sorry, I know that's probably very annoying from the vendor's standpoint :eek:

I can't justify these at the moment, I don't have the rest of the supporting mods to need this, but is this something that we could order from you upon request in the future?
Yes, I'll make these available soon. You would need to limit bump travel so the shocks don't bottom out first, extend the brake lines and extend the diff breather line.

Another update.

These will be ready mid February add another week to that if you want them anodized.

Hopefully everyone is happy with the updated pricing.

Price:
$325 for no finish
$350 for anodize

Hopefully everyone can decide on a couple different anodize colors, like black, clear or red.

Another update.

These will be ready mid February add another week to that if you want them anodized.

Hopefully everyone is happy with the updated pricing.

Price:
$325 for no finish
$350 for anodize

Hopefully everyone can decide on a couple different anodize colors, like black, clear or red.
Awesome!

Anyone know if these will work with my TT shock guards? Just got them, haven’t even opened the box yet. Based on pictures, I suspect it’s unlikely, maybe with some strategic modifications.

Last edited:
I also have AHC shocks on order. I will cycle the suspension and determine how far the bumps need to be extended, if any. Wish I didn't throw mine out.

@TeCKis300 I would like to give you a set for pioneering this. Let me know if you're interested!

There potential to modify the axle side lower shock mount by relocating that higher, but I figured it was cheaper, easier, and reversible if I modified the shock.
@turbo8 So the above bracket (particularly if anodized red), relieves the need to extend the stock eyelet out as mentioned in @TeCKis300 first few posts? If so mark me down for a set.

Awesome!

Anyone know if these will work with my TT shock guards? Just got them, haven’t even opened the box yet.
Post a picture of the guards? Shocks with these adapters will be 1.75" higher, maybe not needed anymore?

Weird iPad interaction, hopefully this works.

s636847883211460006_p113_i1_w1440.jpeg

Weird iPad interaction, hopefully this works.

View attachment 3217815

Also, I’m still in either way. If I can’t make the guards work I’ll pass them along.

Post a picture of the guards? Shocks with these adapters will be 1.75" higher, maybe not needed anymore?
I have the same guards from TT and am pretty hopeful that they'll work. Not clear yet how useful they'll be at actually protecting the shaft. Probably have to figure out how to move the guard up to the next hole as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom