Slee LX570 Formed Slider-step Users (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm looking at getting some sliders for my 2013 LX570, and I really like the look and functionality of the Slee Formed Slider steps. I had two question for those who have experience with them:

1.) Can you jack (have you jacked) from the sliders with a high-lift/farm-jack?

2.) Have you sustained any big hits with them? If so, how did they do?

I'm trying to get a sense of how much abuse they can take vis-a-vis a typical tube slider.

On my LX470 I had tube sliders that could easily take the abuse of rock/stump/log hits and could be used as jacking points, but I'd love to hear some first hand reviews of the Slee Formed Sliders.

I appreciate your experience!

I've banged and dragged mine pretty hard and they have held up nicely (installed in 2018). There is a mounting point under the frame on the cross member (added for strength) that gets pretty boogered up but I had no issues getting it out.

IMG_0029.JPG

You can definately use them as a jacking point. There is a little bit of deflection as compared to a tube slider like a bud built or white knuckle, but never enough to be a concern. For me they have been the perfect balance of protection with functional use of having a nice solid step (vs a tube)

I have these and my biggest gripe is that I don't think they stick out far enough from the body. Since the 200 is such a fatty, I'd prefer something that sticks out farther for tree protection. But they are stout enough for real use 👍

Certainly stout, They have a good bit of flex to them which is a good and bad thing depending on your situation. I highlift mine often and its not ideal. It can 100% hold the weight of the vehicle (while flexing slightly), however since they are rounded and boxed in, the jack needs to be very carefully placed in the center of the slider. Or your sliding off and throwing your highlight handle into your door panel.
I like them, they look clean but, for something meant to really protect the vehicle in hard wheeling and designed to keep trees and boulders off your panels... there are better options... if I was to do it again, I would probably try another route. They are down the street from me so my purchase was incredibly convenient and I don't regret it in the slightest.

I will be the first to admit that anything can be bent. However we have people that insanely abuse them and they do hold up. Since they were primarily designed for the LX570 and to work around the moutning challenges of that platform there where some design decisions made that does not put then in terms of the same strength as the tube sliders.

That said, since late last year we have transitioned to only use higher strength steel (HSLA) for all our 7 ga material in all our products. That gives us nearly twice the strength for the same thickness of A36 material.. That makes both the main slider body and all mounting legs and brackets a lot stronger with no gain in weight and we were able to keep cost the same by increasing material purchasing and standarizing on the material.

Certainly stout, They have a good bit of flex to them which is a good and bad thing depending on your situation. I highlift mine often and its not ideal. It can 100% hold the weight of the vehicle (while flexing slightly), however since they are rounded and boxed in, the jack needs to be very carefully placed in the center of the slider. Or your sliding off and throwing your highlight handle into your door panel.
I like them, they look clean but, for something meant to really protect the vehicle in hard wheeling and designed to keep trees and boulders off your panels... there are better options... if I was to do it again, I would probably try another route. They are down the street from me so my purchase was incredibly convenient and I don't regret it in the slightest.
Any idea which route you might go instead?

Any idea which route you might go instead?
Not really sure, I would have to dive into the options. My last 200 had trail tailor sliders, open with an Aggressive kick out and angle up. I leveraged them for pivots off road all the time and they were finished to my personal specs.

The @sleeoffroad LX sliders are a work of art. Slee doesn’t engineer or manufacture anything without achieving it’s intended purpose. The LX sliders were designed with a level of intentionality you don’t often see with sliders or any parts for that matter. They are strong, functional, oem looking, protect AHC, integrate awesome lighting and above all work with the AHC effectively.

Nothing else on the market check all those boxes. The new upgraded material shows. It’s hard to dent them. They scratch but they don’t dent easily. They small amount of flex and material helps with that.

You may find something stronger, but that’s not something that matters to 95% of the people driving an LX. Christo/Ben are correct, everything “can” break, people do stupid s*** all the time. It’s just reality. I’m confident if I break mine, it will be with good reason and something outside the basic use case for my Rig.

I would Consider going with a weld on, more aggressive slider, something that gives me an inch beyond my rear tire. That’s not comparable to what Slee has designed. Two totally different ideal clients and use cases and even then I would probably end up with Slee… I can drive down the street, buy them and be home and have them mounted in a matter of hours. You can’t beat that and I love the sleeper look.

Good luck and don’t overthink it. I’m aware that’s easier said then done lol.

B83CE429-F6E1-4C13-9CBB-8428B5AE0907.jpeg

Hey @sleeoffroad ! Are you guys kidding with the instructions on these LX570 sliders? Maybe Jack the price up another hundred bucks and make a video or something. You have plenty of videos to sell stuff. Just nothing helpful when it comes to installing these things. I’m 3 hours in with my 10 year autobody buddy and we are flat guessing at this point. Check my history here, not my first rodeo.

Hey @sleeoffroad ! Are you guys kidding with the instructions on these LX570 sliders? Maybe Jack the price up another hundred bucks and make a video or something. You have plenty of videos to sell stuff. Just nothing helpful when it comes to installing these things. I’m 3 hours in with my 10 year autobody buddy and we are flat guessing at this point. Check my history here, not my first rodeo.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but their instructions are great. I have installed both their tube sliders on my previous 16 and the formed sliders on my 18. The instructions are very detailed with pictures.

3-4 hours to install my friend’s including AHC protection.

I wouldn’t call the instruction perfect but far from inadequate.

Try checking out the color instructions on the website. The black and white ones sometimes hide details.

Same here. @BeachCruzer where are you stuck?
Thanks for asking. Got it figured out. But I would disagree with the assertion that the instructions are detailed. For instance, show me where in the instructions that they mention you have to drill out the holes for the rivnut?

The pictures leave a lot to be desired also. They have to realize most of us are on our backs in a driveway, so closeup shots with very little surrounding evidence can prove tough to orient yourself with.

Just my two cents. I eventually figure out most things but don’t claim to be a mechanic or pro at any of this. My point to @sleeoffroad is that when someone spends $2k plus for slider/protection, you’d think there’d be better teaching/training material to help the average Joe install their products. A simple video covering a few helpful hints would likely save their customers from a lot of frustration.

I should add…these are some sweet a$$ sliders once they’re on.

@BeachCruzer I would be happy to get some feedback about what specific step was difficult to understand. I did notice that no mention was made of drilling the hole. That is a oversight.

As for video, we are only now starting to do that. The issue is that sales / promotion videos are a lot easier than install videos, but we are slowly starting to move that direction.

I will also see what we can do in terms of more overview photos, We started adding the 3d Model views of the whole part so that it is easier to understand the parts in context. We have not heard a lot of feedback on these in spite of selling hunders of them, but I do agree that there are always room for improvement.

Thanks for the feedback.

Slee for the win. I have their Short Bus bumper for my 80 Series. Their products are so well engineered and built. There might be other options, but none will have superior engineering or build quality. Equal, perhaps, and with a different use case or aesthetic.
When I finally get my LX570, I'll be ordering up a set of these formed sliders. They look fantastic to me.

@BeachCruzer I would be happy to get some feedback about what specific step was difficult to understand. I did notice that no mention was made of drilling the hole. That is a oversight.

As for video, we are only now starting to do that. The issue is that sales / promotion videos are a lot easier than install videos, but we are slowly starting to move that direction.

I will also see what we can do in terms of more overview photos, We started adding the 3d Model views of the whole part so that it is easier to understand the parts in context. We have not heard a lot of feedback on these in spite of selling hunders of them, but I do agree that there are always room for improvement.

Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for the reply. My primary issues are the ones you just addressed i.e. lack of any install video, some missing info and photos with no real expanded view or context to help orient the installer. I would also add that the order of instruction needs to be revisited.

In the end I just had to start hanging them up and figure it out. I honestly think you’d sell many more if customers felt confident they could avoid spending another $600 bucks or so getting them installed.

Currently researching 200 info in hopes of buying one and saw this thread.

I love slee products and been one of their customers since day one.

I had their "formed" sliders on my Tundra, and folded them fairly easily in Death Valley on something that shouldnt of been a big deal.

Not sure of the differences between their Tundra and 200 "formed" sliders, but i definitely wont be using them when i pick up a 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom