Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you VERY MUCH.
I can’t get it to even budge. I tried working the key from front to back with no results.
I’m going to go back over to the house and supposedly there are two keys that are Toyota keys and try them.

View attachment 3208228

View attachment 3208229
Spray some PB blaster in it. If its been sitting for a while its probably got some corrosion in there.

Does that mean the ARB bumper doesn't have them either? Seems like the ironman is a direct copy of that design
Nah... the ARB bumper allows for the OEM recovery points to remain, or the ARB recovery points to go in their place.

Got some new parts to install this weekend.
1000006955.jpg

Built a wood top fitted to the top of the Bronco drawer in truck this weekend to mount my fridge. I'm waiting on a slide to come in the mail and then I need to figure out getting power to it. I'm still not sure exactly how I want to do that, either AGM or LiPO4. Also want to get a few other circuits in there for some lights. I'm also not sure about the other box next to it, having a drawer for organization is nice but those 2 together take up an awful lot of space.
IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

Built a wood top fitted to the top of the Bronco drawer in truck this weekend to mount my fridge. I'm waiting on a slide to come in the mail and then I need to figure out getting power to it. I'm still not sure exactly how I want to do that, either AGM or LiPO4. Also want to get a few other circuits in there for some lights. I'm also not sure about the other box next to it, having a drawer for organization is nice but those 2 together take up an awful lot of space.
View attachment 3214666
View attachment 3214665
You could build a cabined with quick disconnects and use as needed. I did that once. I had U bots that would drop down flush when non needed, then when I put in a drawer I had locking clamps (like on swingouts) that would anchor it down. Looks great so far.

Nice fit! How about the Dometic PLB? It's lighter and portable so you can bring it inside in case of power outages or parties in the basement. o_O

You could build a cabined with quick disconnects and use as needed. I did that once. I had U bots that would drop down flush when non needed, then when I put in a drawer I had locking clamps (like on swingouts) that would anchor it down. Looks great so far.

I'm going to get some T-nuts to put on the bottom side of the plywood. That way I can bolt the fridge slide (and box if I decide to keep it) to it which should make for easy removal of the bolts. The flat top platform keeps things usable outside of this.

Nice fit! How about the Dometic PLB? It's lighter and portable so you can bring it inside in case of power outages or parties in the basement. o_O

That's an option that I was also looking at and the Dometic brand one seems to have the best form factor for me. I have the smallest Anker one that I ended up getting basically for free (because Amazon screwed up) but that only ran the fridge for 18 hours in the winter which isn't enough. I do wonder if the weather being around freezing didn't help the capacity though. My issue is the form factor of a lot of those isn't that great to fit in a corner of the truck somewhere but not having it tied to the vehicle is a big plus.

Run a 2,4 or 6 gauge wire from your battery back there and tie it off with a 120 amp Anderson connector and you can build a power point back there to either run your gear, charge it there or distribute it to a set up you can remove for your day to day driving.
I like the idea of quick disconnects on the gear to free up the back for groceries/dogs/ect.

Run a 2,4 or 6 gauge wire from your battery back there and tie it off with a 120 amp Anderson connector and you can build a power point back there to either run your gear, charge it there or distribute it to a set up you can remove for your day to day driving.
I like the idea of quick disconnects on the gear to free up the back for groceries/dogs/ect.

Yeah but charging a LiPo4 battery requires a DC/DC charger or I can just charge off the AC port when the car is running if I get a portable pack. Don't want to use my starter battery to charge anything when the car isn't running

Good idea. Please put a fuse or circuit breaker as close to the battery as possible to protect that wire. Without a fuse/breaker, if that wire shorts to ground there will be an instant fire.

This test was done for a class to demonstrate why fuses are our friends.
The power source was a 12V 100Ah battery.
This is what an 18 gauge wire looks like 2 seconds into a short circuit.
short circuit fire 2 sec.jpg

This is what it looks like at 4 seconds.
short circuit fire 4 sec.jpg

Here is a wire gauge chart to determine the size of the wire needed based on the current draw and the size of the fuse/breaker to protect the wire.

wire gauge 2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Ughhhhh. The muffler has a small air leak at the seam when I cover the pipe. Frustrating. I’ll have to run a bead on it I guess.
See @emorth 's post above... hook up a 12V 100Ah battery to the muffler and it will weld itself 😂

See @emorth 's post above... hook up a 12V 100Ah battery to the muffler and it will weld itself 😂
It might not even be a big deal. Its post cats obviously... I doubt its causing any issues. I think as long as no air is getting in pre cat/o2 sensor its fine. Anyway... the rattle is gone completely and the 0420 code is gone.

It might not even be a big deal. Its post cats obviously... I doubt its causing any issues. I think as long as no air is getting in pre cat/o2 sensor its fine. Anyway... the rattle is gone completely and the 0420 code is gone.
Weld or repair it now while it is clean metal. It will not pass State Inspection later and it will be rusty metal to deal with. Much easier now. FYI

Or just make sure to drive thru those sniff testers when you need inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom