Builds Found an Arabian FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That inspection cover gives access to the belts on the flywheel... I've honestly been puzzled as to it's actual usefulness.

Does the little piece you referenced go on the splash guard that mounts just behind the radiator and under the harmonic balancer? If so believe that needs to be removed to install a PTO winches. It interferes with the driveshaft by the pillow block bearing.

Does the little piece you referenced go on the splash guard that mounts just behind the radiator and under the harmonic balancer? If so believe that needs to be removed to install a PTO winches. It interferes with the driveshaft by the pillow block bearing.
Yes. That makes sense that it's for that purpose.

Quintessential time pieces. The “CPT Willard” (original) is a must have for the Seiko connoisseur.

An original Captain Willard will set you back quite a bit of $$$... as will the re-issue.
I do however have a 6139 "Pogue"... slightly more affordable and no less noteworthy to Seiko folks. Not sure I can claim the connoisseur title... yet.

Semi hijack…..

6309 in a big turtle case and a SRP 777. Very Willard-esque @ a much lower $$$. Would love to have a Willard but, I have a Mule that keeps eating into my watch fund. 🙄

F8D2992A-8211-44E5-BB74-EE285A0FB32C.jpeg

Semi hijack…..

6309 in a big turtle case and a SRP 777. Very Willard-esque @ a much lower $$$. Would love to have a Willard but, I have a Mule that keeps eating into my watch fund. 🙄

View attachment 3004703
Love the Turtle.

I’ll keep the hijack going a bit more…

Sea Urchin (my daily wear for 5 years now), SKX, 6139 Pogue, and my SARX041 for dressing up… the backdrop keeps this discussion on topic.

3495E8CD-8EE3-4B8B-9FDD-DD610A99F968.jpeg

Love the Turtle.

I’ll keep the hijack going a bit more…

Sea Urchin (my daily wear for 5 years now), SKX, 6139 Pogue, and my SARX041 for dressing up… the backdrop keeps this discussion on topic.

View attachment 3005371
Well played.…

I think we have more than one bad habit….OK, so I’m hooked…!!!

44A7D1E1-CC54-4621-AA0E-8BC1EE9B976D.jpeg

That’s awsome. Such iconic time pieces…The watch to have wheeling a TLC. 😎

Exactly!!

I have owned this one for 29 years. When I was first dating my ex wife.

That’s awsome. Such iconic time pieces…The watch to have wheeling a TLC. 😎

No joke. The same design ethos, the marriage of form and function in the design of a tool, runs throughout both Toyota and Seiko. I've honestly lost all desire for a lux Swiss watch at this point. My Japanese practical watches will hand down to my kids with the same sentimental value.

No joke. The same design ethos, the marriage of form and function in the design of a tool, runs throughout both Toyota and Seiko. I've honestly lost all desire for a lux Swiss watch at this point. My Japanese practical watches will hand down to my kids with the same sentimental value.
Eloquently put sir. And with that, I’ll leave this highjack “to the ages”...

Decided to commute by 40 today… such a pleasant driver. And the 40 easily fits in the compact parking spots.

6C45B1A3-82BE-4A64-AAFE-C058C7F5231F.jpeg

Decided to commute by 40 today… such a pleasant driver. And the 40 easily fits in the compact parking spots.

View attachment 3214534
Great decision and great Cruiser on great looking rubber (old school flavour)!

PS. I guess that the size is the factory 7.50R16 (31.8 inch) and am afraid that one can get these Dunlop Grippers only in places like the Middle East or the land Down Under (never seen in Europe)...

Last edited:
Great decision and great Cruiser on great looking rubber (old school flavour)!

PS. It seems that the size is the factory 7.50R16 (31.8 inch) and I'm afraid that one can get these Dunlop Grippers only in places like the Middle East or the land Down Under (never seen in Europe)...
Yeah, the Dunlop Road Grippers are a great tire. I put new ones on just before leaving the Middle East with full knowledge I’d never find them here.

I’ve got them mounted on the original splits. I just rotated them last week… man are the splits heavy!!!

The wheels and tires will be changing up a bit when I put the lift on… hopefully here in the next couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom