Paint in California vs. Out of California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wondering if anyone has experience looking to have an 80 painted in California vs. out of California? Is it much more cost effective to do it outside of the state? I'm in the preliminary stages of exploring having my 80 repainted. I'm not looking to do a frame-off restoration paint. Rather I am looking to have the outside repainted the same color as well as have the areas around the windows repainted black. I will leave the engine bay as is. I appreciate anyone who can provide some guidance.

I’m following this thread. I’m in TN and am found it very difficult to find someone to paint my cruiser. No one wants my money because they’re too busy with insured collision work.

Anyway, mine will be painted in Flagstaff, AZ by a mud member, Kelly Saad. He is talented, knows cruisers, and has a good rep here. I’m excited to get this done!

Good luck, hope you find a worthy place for your cruisers new paint.

What? How did you find out about Kelly?? :)

There are a bunch of threads showing @kelly saad jobs. Many in the 60 forum. Haven’t seen his work in person, but it seems top-notch. Same goes for his body work. I live in LA and he’s looking like the best option to me…

I PMd you to compare notes. I’ve been talking to Kelly about painting my truck for a few years now. Being in the military prevented me from being anywhere convenient to reach him easily. Now that I’m retired, I have options.

Last edited:
I PMd you to compare notes. I’ve been talking to Kelly about painting my truck for a few years now. Being in the military prevented me from being anywhere convenient to reach him easily. Now that I’m retired, I have options.
if you come through AZ, let me know :)

I have a auto body in OC area. I can help you with the paint work on your 80s. we just finish this one last week.
Phi
PXL_20230107_010243904.jpg
PXL_20230107_010215501.jpg

Take a trip to Mexico if you want cost effective

Want to have Kelly do mine but out of my budget right now
It will be so much cheaper south of the border because they will make their money with all the drugs they hide in your fenders 🤣 🤣 🤣

It will be so much cheaper south of the border because they will make their money with all the drugs they hide in your fenders 🤣 🤣 🤣

more so that they don't have all of the crazy environmental rules that make it so expensive to do business there.

C17 production used to fly the aircraft out of state for paint... paint them... and fly them back to finish and deliver...

more so that they don't have all of the crazy environmental rules that make it so expensive to do business there.

C17 production used to fly the aircraft out of state for paint... paint them... and fly them back to finish and deliver...
Did you really take my post seriously? Of course it won't be cheaper from smuggling drugs. It was a joke....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom