Close to buying this LC100 (live in the Nordics)... too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The body and interior look great
It has 180,000 miles on it

It's posted on a Nordic version of craigslist. The owner did not include any underside pictures in his post so I asked him for those to see the rust, and here is what he sent back
Do you think the rust on the bottom is too much?

He's asking for $18,000 for it

land cruiser bottom 1.JPG

land cruiser bottom 2.JPG

land cruiser bottom 4.JPG

land cruiser engine.JPG

land cruiser interior.JPG

$18k USD or Zimbabwean dollars?

Even just that dark pic tells a small tale of larger rust issues. I would pass.

Haha okay thanks for the quick reply
Going to be tough for me to find a good one in Europe, I think...

Just adds so much cost and hassle if I want to buy an American one and ship it, then pay VAT, then pay customs, etc.

All three pics are of the same area with lighting that makes it hard to clearly see anything but the rear diff from what I see. I wouldn't base an opinion on that - if you can get a little better lighting and take some more photos it would help. Specifically look up above the spare tire at the sub frame (there are some areas notorious for perforating rust) and get pictures of the frame rails along the side, suspension components such as control arms and frame brackets it would be very useful.

Additionally, take pictures and review the exhaust system as well as brake lines/brake distribution blocks etc. Pull the plastic wheel well liners forward a little bit and look behind them - dirt/gravel accumulates and can rub through paint and create a cancerous type of rust back there.

I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go look at it and just get to know the platform a bit more and what to look for on a vehicle that is or isn't in good shape so if you import something you know what to ask for pictures of.

Thanks, so I will ask the seller for pictures of what you suggested since the car is a flight away from me
Trying to decide if I should pay for a flight there to look at in person

Thanks, so I will ask the seller for pictures of what you suggested since the car is a flight away from me
Trying to decide if I should pay for a flight there to look at in person
Might be worth the flight if you aren’t satisfied with the pics! Then you can really check everything under the sun out.

Keep us posted!

Looks dirty, hard to tell in this lighting. Panhard, crossmember and spare tire carrier look OK. Gas tank skid looks OK maybe. Plenty of surface rust on the pumpkin and rear axle. I looked at a bunch of 100s and determined I was OK with some rust, but not in specific areas. YMMV. Offer to pay for a car wash and ask him for more photos?

land cruiser bottom 1.JPG

What's the currency of $18k Bikini bottom money to US dollars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom