Charging issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck is a JDM 24v 89 bj71 with a 13bt. I recently installed a digital voltmeter in the cab and have noticed that it takes a few minutes(4-5 min) to start charging at a full 28 volts. Batteries are both newer and strong and trucks start lightning quick. Is this normal or is this a sign that perhaps a voltage regulator or something else may be on its last leg?

I have same issue with my 87 BJ73 3B 24v. Both new batteries. My Filter light stays on till till it reaches 28v.

Ive been told that this is normal occurrence by someone who knows way more than me so im not too concerned.

I recently monitored my voltage behavior of my external regulated 3B (due to problem with my radio, but that's a different story) and noted: The voltage is depending on revs. At idle it does 24/25V, going up to 26V at ~20km/h (sorry, no tach on mine) and only gets to full 28V above 30km/h.
So, I believe this is normal.
Cheers Ralf

I recently monitored my voltage behavior of my external regulated 3B (due to problem with my radio, but that's a different story) and noted: The voltage is depending on revs. At idle it does 24/25V, going up to 26V at ~20km/h (sorry, no tach on mine) and only gets to full 28V above 30km/h.
So, I believe this is normal.
Cheers Ralf
Mine is not related to rpm, at idle it'll charge at 28volts once its warmed up for about five minutes and remains there regardless of speed or rpm.

Just give it time.
Glow screens or glow plugs need to time out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom