Icon Vector 5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks fantastic. I can't tell from the pictures, are those the silver or black vectors? (The black ones never really look fully black to me.)
Thanks--they're silver. ICON calls them "Titanium". Here's a closer photo in case that helps.

wheels.jpeg

I like those a lot but I am still liking the Method MR314 as well. So torn.
the icons are probably easier to clean. the mr314 is also a good looking wheel. the icons to me work on every color 200, LC or LX. not a lot of wheels can do pull that off imo

the icons are probably easier to clean. the mr314 is also a good looking wheel. the icons to me work on every color 200, LC or LX. not a lot of wheels can do pull that off imo

Oh I agree, the MR314 will definitely be more of a pain in the butt to clean. I am just a sucker for the Rally style wheel and I never got to own a Subaru so this would just be my way of getting that out of my system lol. I would go with either wheel in grey, I don't think I could bring myself to do another black wheel anytime soon. Besides, the grey wheels match the grey plastics used on the 200.

I like those a lot but I am still liking the Method MR314 as well. So torn.
I absolutely love the look of the 314's. They look great on everything I've seen pictures of them on, though I have yet to see any in the wild.

A few pictures of a 2011 new arrival to the family fleet. I added new takeoff struts (from my 20’ HE) and Toyota spacers in the front, third row removed in the rear.

I am very pleased with the look and offset of the Icons, even with the odd Gulf states flares, it puts the edge of the 285/70/17’s KO’s in a good spot. I still have some fender well adjusting to eliminate a slight rub In the front.

ED4B9D02-981C-4050-9E59-ECA004B26555.jpeg

A3587F35-5525-4D5D-8942-3FE83B7A85D9.jpeg

851E930D-A26F-47C4-B55A-50F8B0549740.jpeg

0A2E0C43-F582-49AD-8A87-03DBF208A6C4.jpeg

330A5F47-E898-4578-A1C3-9EAC0DD2A0C9.jpeg

A few pictures of a 2011 new arrival to the family fleet. I added new takeoff struts (from my 20’ HE) and Toyota spacers in the front, third row removed in the rear.

I am very pleased with the look and offset of the Icons, even with the odd Gulf states flares, it puts the edge of the 285/70/17’s KO’s in a good spot. I still have some fender well adjusting to eliminate a slight rub In the front.

View attachment 3101836

View attachment 3101837

View attachment 3101838

View attachment 3101840

View attachment 3101841

That looks fantastic. No issue with the wheel weights hitting the rotor?

View attachment 3101836

View attachment 3101837

View attachment 3101838

View attachment 3101840

View attachment 3101841
Bronze, right? My eyes play tricks on me with these wheels sometimes.

I know this post is regarding the Icon Vector. Just wanted to throw the Rebound out as another option. I've never ran the Vector but the Rebound appears to have a bit more protection for the trail. FYI if you're looking within the Icon brand.

1661960483070.png

That looks fantastic. No issue with the wheel weights hitting the rotor?
Thank you!

No issues with the weights, they are stick ons mounted to a ridge inside The wheel, I will try and get a picture of the closest point.

Last edited:
Bronze, right? My eyes play tricks on me with these wheels sometimes.
Yes, it may not be your eyes.

The lighting does funny tricks on the hue. When I picked it up the rear was shaded by the car parked beside it and it appeared gray kinda void of very much bronze, I feared it was a different production, didn’t match correctly etc. However when I got closer with both wheels at the same angle and lighting, it was a perfect bronze match.

Here's a thread with some additional pics. I'm basically ready to pull the trigger on some Bronze ones so if anyone has the link to the best price that would be great. These seem to be so popular I wish we could get a group buy going.

Thanks--they're silver. ICON calls them "Titanium". Here's a closer photo in case that helps.

View attachment 3100844
I am about to order these same wheels and 285/75/17 Toyo ATIIIs for my 2016 LC. I have about a 2.5 inch Dobinsons lift and Dobinsons UCAs. Aside from some trimming and heat gun for plastic, did you do any real mental cutting or KDSS relocation to make these fit without rubbing? Thanks

I am about to order these same wheels and 285/75/17 Toyo ATIIIs for my 2016 LC. I have about a 2.5 inch Dobinsons lift and Dobinsons UCAs. Aside from some trimming and heat gun for plastic, did you do any real mental cutting or KDSS relocation to make these fit without rubbing? Thanks
No, didn't have to do any cutting or KDSS work.

Are those 285/75/17's? They look great. What did you have to do to fit? I have a 2016 LC with KDSS, so assuming it may be a slightly different process. Also...I absolutely love your SS1 system, and it will be my next investment after new wheels and tires.
oh awesome, glad to hear that about the SS1! We'll keep an eye out for the order! The tires are indeed 285/75/17, and i definitely had to do some choppin' to make it all fit. I detailed it a bit in the build thread (soon to be updated with some new metal goodness...) But essentially i had to remove the mudflap, reform the liner and chop out a bracket that the rocker panels mount to.

Lots of people are. They're Chinese made aluminum. Too bad - I personally cant stomach putting Chinese anything on the Cruiser.

So are Method Race wheels and they are one of the leading brands for offroad racing as well as buggies, 4x4's etc. China can make crap but they are also able to make quality. Tesla, Apple etc are made there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom