TRD Wheels... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is everyone w/a 200 running spacers w/the TRD wheels (as in are they needed)?

NO. The wheels you have pictured are standard Tundra wheels and the TRD Pro wheels on the right are also the exact same as the Heritage Edition wheels on LC200. I am running Tundra TRD Off Road 18" wheels and 275/65/18 Michelin AT tires

is everyone w/a 200 running spacers w/the TRD wheels (as in are they needed)?

Spacers are not needed. When I bought my LC, it had the TRD wheels and no spacers, everything was fine. I installed 1.25" spidertrax spacers later when I installed my lift (for rubbing and aesthetics). I have 285/65R18 tires.

Here's 285/75r18 (35x11) on the old style (machined) TRD wheels w/ 1" spacer, stock ride height in ACH "normal" :

20220419_161341-jpg.2987028

Last edited:
They're the same as the newer TRD (not pro) wheels minus some paint and different hubcaps.

Last edited:
The older Tundra TRD Pro's are 18x8 w/offset 60 (at least that is what I am being told).

That is a bolt up w/out spacers for a 275/65/18 (or back to stock size tire)?

I was looking for grey examples also and came across this

Gray on gunmetal looks more stock...........(than not)

I was looking for grey examples also and came across this

These came off a 2019 Tundra with regular toyota caps. Picked the TRD caps from ebay. Tires are Toyo Open Country AT3 stock size. 2008 LC

20221217_122128.jpg

20210321_190547.jpg

If I remember correctly the second wheel is much lighter, so I’d run those if they are anywhere close in cost.
Lightweight is good.

Granite alloy 18’s are 28 lbs like the heritage wheels…but come in 25 offset and cost $220 or so. Worth considering imo compared to take offs.

The sombrero center caps come stock on the TRD wheels with the black/machined silver finish.

Love the setup!

1. Can you share details about the spacers/manufacturer, where did you source the 1" spacers from?
2. I got the same wheels with LTX M/S tires, wondering if alignment should be done with spacers on? Thoughts?
3. With spacers any side effects while riding at different speeds?

Thanks!

Here's 285/75r18 (35x11) on the old style (machined) TRD wheels w/ 1" spacer, stock ride height in ACH "normal" :

20220419_161341-jpg.2987028

I got 1" spacers from Bora. They're made to order, so I had to wait 3-4 weeks for them. Spacers should not change the alignment, so no need to realign unless you also do a lift. The spacers actually helped to keep specs correct with regard to scrub radius and the bigger tires, so no side effects from the spacers--they're appropriate to the tires size to keep things "stock like." The only side effects come from the tall/narrow E-rated tires... it took a lot of work to find a tire pressure that balanced ride and handling to my liking, but I eventually got it to an acceptable level. It certainly rides and handles worse than the stock setup :hillbilly:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom