5.7 no comp in 3 cyl. can I swap in a 4.6 sequoia motor ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
just got the work back on my 07 tundra. cylinder 3 completely dead, 0 pressure reading. other cylinders are 165 and 175 psi.
''Looks like valve may have hit piston.'' Recommend engine replacement.
My daily ride is an 03 Sequoia 4.6 and since the body is kinda crappy wondering if it will go in the Tundra ?

Since your question is basically the same as in your other thread from Dec 5th, I’ll give basic the same answer:

The ‘07 Tundra came with the 4.7 as an option (I believe it was the default choice, with 5.7 as an option), so it should be a relatively simple swap. If you want a detailed step by step on the swap, that’s another question all together, but I would spend some time searching transmission specs as well as ECM/PCM differences etc. I doubt it is a common swap, so you might need a really good Toyota parts guy to look things up. Finding the vin for a 2007 that had a factory 4.7 would let them compare part numbers with your truck.

Since your question is basically the same as in your other thread from Dec 5th, I’ll give basic the same answer:

The ‘07 Tundra came with the 4.7 as an option (I believe it was the default choice, with 5.7 as an option), so it should be a relatively simple swap. If you want a detailed step by step on the swap, that’s another question all together, but I would spend some time searching transmission specs as well as ECM/PCM differences etc. I doubt it is a common swap, so you might need a really good Toyota parts guy to look things up. Finding the vin for a 2007 that had a factory 4.7 would let them compare part numbers with your truck.
I'll have it in my mechanics hands this week for a wet down test and his recommendations. He did suggest replacing the intake and exhaust valves as they may be damaged and why their is 0 pressure from Toyota's mechanical test in one cylinder. The body and interior and in very good shape and a shame to scrap it if I can help it.

would probably be less labor intensive and trouble shooting to just drop another 5.7 in there
The 5.7 are very expensive used. I'll reply back once my mechanic gives me his two cents.

Last edited:
The 5.7 are very expensive used. I'll reply back once my mechanic gives me his two cents.

My friend had a “collision with water” (insurance catchphrase for “oops, that creek was deeper than I thought!), and had his 5.7 replaced, and trans, t-case and both difs rebuilt by Toyota. It was a $19,900 repair bill. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you on an easier fix!

Gotta plan ... I think ! It looks like the 03 sequoia motor will go into the 07 Tundra but I'm wondering if the transmission and transfer case will also be a direct bolt up to the frame ? Any comments or can the 07 transmission bolt up to the 03 motor ?
Pics to come when we get this rolling in a week or two.
( The sequoia is my daily driver with a pooched body, motor trans all good ready to go into the Tundra if everything lines up ! ) )):

Last edited:
Gotta plan ... I think ! It looks like the 03 sequoia motor will go into the 07 Tundra but I'm wondering if the transmission and transfer case will also be a direct bolt up to the frame ? Any comments or can the 07 transmission bolt up to the 03 motor ?
Pics to come when we get this rolling in a week or two.
You need to find one that’s cheap(wrecked or blown motor) so you can get the harness, ecm, motor/transmission mounts, etc…

You need to find one that’s cheap(wrecked or blown motor) so you can get the harness, ecm, motor/transmission mounts, etc…
Read the first post. He owns the Sequoia and daily drives it, but it’s a rust bucket. Perfect donor.

No where near as easy as you want to believe it will be. You’re going to need to track down a tundra 4.7 harness, probably a number of sensors, etc etc.

I predict it costs more than a take out 5.7 and that you’ll be unhappy with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom