Led headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depos are that expensive now? I haven’t checked, but that seems off.

Additionally, I’ve read some chatter on the Facebook about Freedom retrofits and BX Built lights having major quality control issues. I specifically read Freedom Retrofits customer service is also lacking.

Up until two weeks ago, I tried buying a set from Freedom Retrofits and after some back and forth, the owner, Austin had one of his buddies email and say they’re not interested in supplying me with blacked out depos with projectors. They have so much work, they can turn me away for wanting blacked out housings.

Anyway, to the OP, you gotta pay to play. I recommend retrofitting yourself to save money. But it’s still going to cost you for quality components.

Mine were $375

@gummycarbs the deco’s with the included bulb was a huge upgrade? Want to make sure I am following correctly.
Thanks. I’m trying to upgrade on my 1992. Peace

Another way to improve the lighting on the 80 is to upgrade to a Landcruiser Grilles grille and headlight mounts. Install 7” LED Inserts and you have vastly improved the front end lighting of the truck.

Another way to improve the lighting on the 80 is to upgrade to a Landcruiser Grilles grille and headlight mounts. Install 7” LED Inserts and you have vastly improved the front end lighting of the truck.
But then you have a front end that looks like that…. I think it looks awful

@gummycarbs the deco’s with the included bulb was a huge upgrade? Want to make sure I am following correctly.
Thanks. I’m trying to upgrade on my 1992. Peace
For me, it was a massive upgrade just going to the Depos with H4 bulbs. However, my left hand lens had a hole in it (looked like a BB strike), and I can't vouch for the condition of the reflectors nor the age of the bulbs. When I first got the 80 I was appalled at how bad the lighting was.

Here in Australia I use Stedi H4's in stock hi/low beam semi-sealed inserts (new oldstock ones). The major issue with any sort of LED headlights are (a) alignment and (b) proper light beam output.

Here our headlights require a 'right cut' on the low-beam, and it's illegal to have more than two low-beam headlights. So any LED headlights must provide the 'right cut' but as an 80 never had LED headlights ex-factory ALL aftermarket LED (and HID) headlights are technically illegal. To date I've not been chatted about mine but I'm fairly careful to try and get the alignment set good enough.

Here in Australia I use Stedi H4's in stock hi/low beam semi-sealed inserts (new oldstock ones). The major issue with any sort of LED headlights are (a) alignment and (b) proper light beam output.

Here our headlights require a 'right cut' on the low-beam, and it's illegal to have more than two low-beam headlights. So any LED headlights must provide the 'right cut' but as an 80 never had LED headlights ex-factory ALL aftermarket LED (and HID) headlights are technically illegal. To date I've not been chatted about mine but I'm fairly careful to try and get the alignment set good enough.
We know….you can’t have anything fun

On a related note, if you need to check and/or adjust your headlight alignment and you have no access to the side of a building or a wall with a flat/level approach to park on far enough back (how far back I don't know), is there a way to try and approximate the proper alignment?

I like my diode dynamics sl1 led replacement, I have them in low and high beam.

Make sure you index them correctly, the base can be rotated with a set screw.

I printed a replacement bulb retention ring. The oem one was cracked and has a raised bump that was in the way.

@Outsane - would this work to use 9005/9006 on Depo housings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom