What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (96 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just turned mine over 300K in December. Headgasket done at 220K. I have owned it since it had 20K on it so I have put over 280K on it myself. Plan to keep it for a long time to come. I turned it over 300K while deer hunting which is what prompted me to start modifying it years ago. I got tired of getting stuck in the mud while hunting.
View attachment 3207697
Same reason I originally bought the 80. After laying on my belly digging out my old jeep for a few hours one day while hunting quail I vowed to find a better 4wd rig. Unfortunately I'm only at half your mileage. I should try harder!

Snow wheeling around Christopher Creek, AZ.

With rear locker on, in 2nd, plowed through about 15” to 20” to a great camp spot—tried some donuts (wasn’t pretty)—I tracked in and out solo.

Oh how I love the Land Cruiser.
Video link to come later…

Zona

0F1CDEDF-49A7-4214-B9DB-F298E5159EF2.jpeg
0AB45916-BC81-49C5-A43B-C00B66A05070.jpeg
88ED5B45-4F78-40E7-AF5C-3E8CB5A4F2EB.jpeg
DED4EF34-CDD2-475A-8781-4BF0EEDF9E26.jpeg
1780A4FC-C4B4-45E5-BB81-BB9A061388BD.jpeg

Just ordered some Corbeau Sport seats and slider brackets .... my originals didn't move any more I think the plastic gears were bad. Is it worth trying to sell the front seats or should I toss them like the 2nd and 3rd row ones I tossed years ago ?

Corbeau cloth sport seats for the cruiser.jpg

RIP

download (2).jpeg

Refreshing more broken connections on my 94 harness. All the fuel injector clips have been replaced and am working on the 3 throttle body connections. Ballenger sells the clips for everything I have needed. I highly suggest buying the pigtail version and just solder splicing them in. Depining the old clips was a waste of time. On the back of each connector body is a 5 digit number that corresponds to the correct sumitomo style connector.
THANK YOU for this! I was just about to make a post asking where I might find a new Maf clip as mine is broken.
If a window is slower as it gets colder, thats more a symptom of requiring fresh grease in the motor rather than a rubber track problem, eh?
All 4 of mine have new motors and all are slow except the drivers side. Thought it was the driver/main switch going bad. Replaced it with a switch doc and same. :(. At least auto down works now. lol

I think Santa is happy with me as i got a nice assortment of nifty cables and connectors.

The small ones (highlighted in blue) are great. Male / female with no splicing or anything just clip in both and they snap together.
Great for hard to reach cables.

I have a pretty big job lined up 4 door replacement, 2 fendors, front mount and a pain job coming up (interor as well) so planning to sort out, labe and swap cables.
Hours of fun and joy !

20230103_212312.jpg
Screenshot_20230103_215330_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:
If a window is slower as it gets colder, thats more a symptom of requiring fresh grease in the motor rather than a rubber track problem, eh?
No. Not with the 80 series. Typically the issue is the rubber window “runs” which are already contracted from age and drying out are even more contracted from cold and squeezing the window very tight.

Changing the window runs out with new makes a big difference.

Just ordered some Corbeau Sport seats and slider brackets .... my originals didn't move any more I think the plastic gears were bad. Is it worth trying to sell the front seats or should I toss them like the 2nd and 3rd row ones I tossed years ago ?

View attachment 3209077
I kept mine when I bought my seats. Did you buy the black or tan seats?
1B329444-75C8-4EB8-A8E4-18352B66F4F7.jpeg

Finally rebuilt this winch I had on my shelf, cut the HF winch plate I’ve had for about a year then mounted it all up. 😅 Ih8mud but the PO loved it apparently. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Check the pic of the frame.

9111CE13-AF83-4ADB-84F9-91E47E3CAA52.jpeg

0440DE87-FE09-489B-85E6-9CF0F83AE01A.jpeg

0928A123-B945-4035-95C9-AC3257F977F7.jpeg

8033518C-C375-4FD3-B833-501C54D89BAD.jpeg

I forget when I first posted this, it's been a few years, I'll post annually after New Years, I've modified:

If you're the kind that showers everyday go for the Wrangler. If you think dirt on your shoes means you need new shoes go for the G-Wagon. If you haven't camped since 2002 go for the Bronco. If you can't grow a beard go for the Cherokee. If you own a Tommy Bahama shirt go for the Rubicon. If your arms don't fill out your polo go for the Gladiator. If you prefer tea over beer go for the Defender. If you wear gloves whilst driving your Miata go for the Subaru. If your food can't touch the other food go for the 4Runner. If you get Starbucks gift cards go for the 200. If your golf handicap is less than 25 go for the Rover. If you wanted to be a cowboy as a kid...the 80!
Zona

I forget when I first posted this, it's been a few years, I'll post annually after New Years, I've modified:

If you're the kind that showers everyday go for the Wrangler. If you think dirt on your shoes means you need new shoes go for the G-Wagon. If you haven't camped since 2002 go for the Bronco. If you can't grow a beard go for the Cherokee. If you own a Tommy Bahama shirt go for the Rubicon. If your arms don't fill out your polo go for the Gladiator. If you prefer tea over beer go for the Defender. If you wear gloves whilst driving your Miata go for the Subaru. If your food can't touch the other food go for the 4Runner. If you get Starbucks gift cards go for the 200. If your golf handicap is less than 25 go for the Rover. If you wanted to be a cowboy as a kid...the 80!
Zona
The end should say " if your a BAMF go for the 80!"

No. Not with the 80 series. Typically the issue is the rubber window “runs” which are already contracted from age and drying out are even more contracted from cold and squeezing the window very tight.

Changing the window runs out with new makes a big difference.
Add some silicone grease for even more lubricantion and love ....

Wait that came out wrong ....

Arrived in Port A last weekend. Finally got off pavement... its been way too long. I had no idea you could drive to Mexico....on the beach!!

Port A cruiser.jpg

View attachment 3209077

I would definitely save those front seats if they are not too trashed. I just swapped in a pair from another truck to replace the trashed ones in my 80. I did have to replace the electric adjustment gears but not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom