LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1000001162.jpg

Thats bizarre on my end it's not there. But if I click the link posted in the thread it comes up.

EDIT: I am indeed a moron. It's listed under toyota and after the 200 series. I just didn't scroll far enough.

I was able to fix the rear speakers and sub not working. For details on the problem, check this post. Here's the solution:

Move pin G13 to G12. That's the white wire with a black stripe.
Move pin G9 to G14. That's the grey wire with a black stripe.

The original harness looks like this:
b1.jpg

You want to modify it to look like this:
b2.jpg

After that, the rear speakers and sub are working perfectly and all speakers have full volume.

Just documented some things I learned during my install in my build thread. In short:
- Distortion fix
- SIM card and USB ports in the glovebox
- Dual USB-C mount in cigarette lighter
- Better mounting screws for the headunit-to-bezel connection
- Tip to get the wires plugged in easily and the headunit connected to the rest of the system last
- Some other misc things

If you're installing from scratch, it's probably good to review before you start.

I was able to fix the rear speakers and sub not working. For details on the problem, check this post. Here's the solution:

Move pin G13 to G12. That's the white wire with a black stripe.
Move pin G9 to G14. That's the grey wire with a black stripe.

The original harness looks like this:
View attachment 3208479

You want to modify it to look like this:
View attachment 3208481

After that, the rear speakers and sub are working perfectly and all speakers have full volume.
I can confirm this as I did test this on 05LC today. Got rear speakers and sub to functional. Btw, my biggest hope was to eliminate all the electro static distortions (common in LCs). But that had not changed 🙁.

I do have two head units getting installed into 04 and 05 LCs. Both have noises to unbearable extent. Here is a comparison of the wiring fix.

Right is the modified on first picture and left on the second.
PXL_20230103_011527748.jpg
PXL_20230103_011602775.jpg

I do not think I'll keep this due to all the noises it makes with rev and AC etc.

I can confirm this as I did test this on 05LC today. Got rear speakers and sub to functional. Btw, my biggest hope was to eliminate all the electro static distortions (common in LCs). But that had not changed 🙁.

Thanks for confirming (and for the initial push in the right direction)

What do you mean by distortions? What are you hearing? The same unbearable hiss that others have in LCs?

Thanks for confirming (and for the initial push in the right direction)

What do you mean by distortions? What are you hearing? The same unbearable hiss that others have in LCs?
You are welcome and thanks for following up on it. I'm prioritizing other stuff over this bcos of all the noises. Posted about that earlier here. I'll record a video next time I'm on it.

Negative speaker wires aren't connected to any from the head unit. Grounding those may fix the hum and electromagnetic noises. I like to try that next. Have to find connectors for the G plug first. I'm bit worried that I'll break other stuff when unplugging the G. That's stupid tight. Already broke passenger side AC vent cover, replacement was about $155 from UAE 🤑. Be careful with that guys, not plugging it in till all tested and done is the best if you can.

You are welcome and thanks for following up on it. I'm prioritizing other stuff over this bcos of all the noises. Posted about that earlier here. I'll record a video next time I'm on it.

Negative speaker wires aren't connected to any from the head unit. Grounding those may fix the hum and electromagnetic noises. I like to try that next. Have to find connectors for the G plug first. I'm bit worried that I'll break other stuff when unplugging the G. That's stupid tight. Already broke passenger side AC vent cover, replacement was about $155 from UAE 🤑. Be careful with that guys, not plugging it in till all tested and done is the best if you can.
I had the same thought about the ground. The harness has 4 pins you can play with. I would try routing FL+ on the teyes to FL+ on the vehicle, then just wire the FL- pin from the teyes side to the vehicle ground manually (just stick a wire in the harness and hold it against a bolt on the body somewhere). If that gets rid of the distortion in the one speaker, then at least you know you have a solution worth chasing.

I had the same thought about the ground. The harness has 4 pins you can play with. I would try routing FL+ on the teyes to FL+ on the vehicle, then just wire the FL- pin from the teyes side to the vehicle ground manually (just stick a wire in the harness and hold it against a bolt on the body somewhere). If that gets rid of the distortion in the one speaker, then at least you know you have a solution worth chasing.
Yes, worth trying but you may need to ground all 4 to see a noticeable difference. Or you may need to disconnect the other 3 outs from the AMP if that's easier.

Another option is to install a 4-channel ground loop isolator to the AMP input. It can fit under the passenger seat where the AMP input is.
Here are a couple of cheaper ones - https://amzn.to/3WLC7NR and https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-two-channel-line-output-converter-black/1265702.p?skuId=1265702.
These can go up to hundreds of dollars but if a cheaper one makes a difference, that's a sign in the right direction.

There is no SUB input in both LC or LX amps, so the SUB out of the Teyes is unused. I think the sub should be fixed with the other 4 speakers.

EDIT: Second link is not correct

Last edited:
Just caught up on this thread and am considering this modification for my 05LC but it sounds like LCs are having more issues than not. Are there any LC success stories yet? Seems like mostly LX and GX that are having luck so far. Thanks for all the good information.

Just caught up on this thread and am considering this modification for my 05LC but it sounds like LCs are having more issues than not. Are there any LC success stories yet? Seems like mostly LX and GX that are having luck so far. Thanks for all the good information.

With an 05 LC, I'd say you're rolling the dice on whether it works or not with no issues. I've kept mine, living with the hiss, and waiting for a solution to be found. I'm not interested in changing out factory amp or any major rewiring of the vehicle. Screen is great and android auto is pretty nice. I'm on the fence about whether I would do it given my experience up to this point. I sometimes consider going back to stock.

No 03+ LCs with a success that I heard of.

With an 05 LC, I'd say you're rolling the dice on whether it works or not with no issues. I've kept mine, living with the hiss, and waiting for a solution to be found. I'm not interested in changing out factory amp or any major rewiring of the vehicle. Screen is great and android auto is pretty nice. I'm on the fence about whether I would do it given my experience up to this point. I sometimes consider going back to stock.
Agree. the other thing is the losing reliability of the stock setup. Who knows when this head unit will go blank in the middle of 100 degrees heat or freezing cold? Feels like I have to carry the stock head unit in my spare parts bin. I haven't given up yet!

I'm 05 LC has more noise than 04 LC, I'm guessing the 05 LC has blown speakers. One more thing to-do list as I'm digging into this rabbit hole.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram from the FSM for an 03+ LC so we can compare to the working LXs?
Relevant pages, let me know if you need anymore
PXL_20230103_172350234.jpg
PXL_20230103_172416822.jpg
PXL_20230103_172434714.jpg
PXL_20230103_172457362.jpg

Super helpful. In summary, I think the problems are:
1) The Teyes wiring harness is incorrect. None of the harnesses are connecting the rear speakers on the G plug. The rear speakers pins are just blank. That means that literally nobody is getting rear speaker outputs from the Teyes. I'm looking for an easy way for people to test this with a 5.1 audio file. The only reason some people get sound from their rear speakers is that the factory amplifier is filling in some of the front signal to the rear speakers. On my 2007 LX, the rears were VERY quiet compared to the front. I'm guessing that earlier years had more "filler" to the rears. If your sound settings->field is right in the middle of the car, your rear speakers should be almost exactly as loud as the front.

2) The hissing sound is a symptom of the same wiring problem. I suspect the LX Mark Levinson amp is more forgiving of the miswiring on the CC3 harness. I think the JBL amp in the LC is more finicky. The wiring diagrams aren't any different, so it must be an equipment difference.

3) The solution for all of this is to rewire the G plug as shown above. That will get the LXs working. Then there needs to be four more pins/wires inserted into the remaining blanks (the negative speaker outputs) and those should be tied to ground on the same truck harness (pin 20). That socket is R36 on LC and R37 on LX.

I sent the same info to the Teyes customer support guy on whatsapp and receommended he sends a test harness to someone with the hissing problem.

good luck all

Super helpful. In summary, I think the problems are:
1) The Teyes wiring harness is incorrect. None of the harnesses are connecting the rear speakers on the G plug. The rear speakers pins are just blank. That means that literally nobody is getting rear speaker outputs from the Teyes. I'm looking for an easy way for people to test this with a 5.1 audio file. The only reason some people get sound from their rear speakers is that the factory amplifier is filling in some of the front signal to the rear speakers. On my 2007 LX, the rears were VERY quiet compared to the front. I'm guessing that earlier years had more "filler" to the rears. If your sound settings->field is right in the middle of the car, your rear speakers should be almost exactly as loud as the front.

2) The hissing sound is a symptom of the same wiring problem. I suspect the LX Mark Levinson amp is more forgiving of the miswiring on the CC3 harness. I think the JBL amp in the LC is more finicky. The wiring diagrams aren't any different, so it must be an equipment difference.

3) The solution for all of this is to rewire the G plug as shown above. That will get the LXs working. Then there needs to be four more pins/wires inserted into the remaining blanks (the negative speaker outputs) and those should be tied to ground on the same truck harness (pin 20). That socket is R36 on LC and R37 on LX.

I sent the same info to the Teyes customer support guy on whatsapp and receommended he sends a test harness to someone with the hissing problem.

good luck all
Great, could you invite me to that whatsapp group? DM'ed my mobile number to you.

I believe this is a fix for the antenna not going up problem. Manual antenna control w/ factory switch - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/manual-antenna-control-w-factory-switch.988514/

I'm going to test it out next week after the parts arrive. Looks like an easy solution.
Or replace it with a fixed antenna that survives at car washes and bush/branch at off-roading.

Tundra fixed antenna install - Tundra Fixed Antenna Install w/ Part Numbers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tundra-fixed-antenna-install-w-part-numbers.731178/

Has anyone found a way to display fuel range? I tried my bluetooth OBD-II scanner (veepak brand from amazon) but it wouldn't connect with the Teyes. Leads me to believe that only the Teyes OBD scanner is compatibile.

Has anyone found a way to display fuel range? I tried my bluetooth OBD-II scanner (veepak brand from amazon) but it wouldn't connect with the Teyes. Leads me to believe that only the Teyes OBD scanner is compatibile.
I was able to connect my OBDLink LX via bluetooth to the Teyes. The process for pairing bluetooth devices is a little obtuse. You need to open the bluetooth app (not in settings). Then go to the third option down the left. I think it might be a magnifying glass? Then search for the device. Once it finds it, tap the "link" icon to pair with it.

THEN you can use it in your OBD2 app. I've tested it with Toruqe, ElmScan, and OBDLink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom