1997 40th anniversary/ LX450 blower motor resistor help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As everyone who has a 40th anniversary or lx450 probably knows, the blower motor resistor (p/n 87138-60230) has been discontinued. In my search for any OEM or even aftermarket replacement, I saw a discontinued parts thread for the 80 series and saw the part mentioned by a fellow mud member. @OGBeno replied saying that the denso number may still be available in Japan if the part number is visible anywhere. My specific predicament is that mine has some white numbers written on the resistor, but my greasy hands have erased most of it. So I’m hoping that someone can help me out by telling me what numbers are written on theirs or if it even correlates to a denso part number as well as any suggestions as to websites I can order from to get the part itself. I’ve tried your usual websites (rockauto, amayama, megazip, local parts stores) and even part outs, but kinda feel that this one should be bought new.

Any and all help is very appreciated and I hope this is a mystery we can solve for us folks in the small pool of 40th/lx450 community!

Thanks in advance, y’all!

9905D272-880B-440B-B720-AA4ABEECDC27.png

I see this photo posted by @RWD that shows what looks to be 693 as the first bit, but I also don’t know if that’s the Denso number itself, or what website to even look at, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Again, thank you to all for any info and time they can spare!

B8D3CAAF-ACDE-4FDB-8823-A97E5D756F21.jpeg

These are the pics I took at the time (2017?) Sorry, it's all I have.

2017-01-14 09.23.51.jpg

2017-01-14 09.31.59.jpg

2017-01-14 09.48.51.jpg

FYI Cruiserparts.net has a used resistor for sale for $275 :oops: and it has a better pic with some numbers.

FYI Cruiserparts.net has a used resistor for sale for $275 :oops: and it has a better pic with some numbers.
So I used that number they have printed in white and searched high and low, but no luck. I guess the best route is to wait until rockauto restocks their aftermarket part. 😞

Reactions: RWD
So I used that number they have printed in white and searched high and low, but no luck. I guess the best route is to wait until rockauto restocks their aftermarket part. 😞
Were you able to find a replacement blower resistor. Initially same problem with cruiser; but miraculously started working again. Need to be prepared when it does go.

Were you able to find a replacement blower resistor. Initially same problem with cruiser; but miraculously started working again. Need to be prepared when it does go.
Hey man! Sorry it took me long to reply back! I was looking for a receipt as to where I bought one and I ended up getting it from either eBay, a part out, or another site, but it was a used one unfortunately. My speeds have been working great and whatnot, but we’ll see how it’ll turn out down the line. 😰

Hey man! Sorry it took me long to reply back! I was looking for a receipt as to where I bought one and I ended up getting it from either eBay, a part out, or another site, but it was a used one unfortunately. My speeds have been working great and whatnot, but we’ll see how it’ll turn out down the line. 😰
Sorry I missed your reply. I did get one in for about $60. Found on Ebay. Supposed to be used but looks new. From WVE; hower, the invoice says Rock Auto for WVE. Funny thing is that when I just looked this up Advantage Auto claims they have 2. one regular and 1 for Anniversary Edition. I went on their site and they didn't show it as unavailable. Will check out further. $28.00. Maybe they have got it back in stock. If so, I will probably buy another backup. My 97 is my baby. Seems like twice a month some tries to buy it in a grocery parking lot, golf course or gas station. Thanks again for response. hot here in Florida and know its hot in Texas. I was iworking i
n Lufkin and then Laredo in the 1980 great heatwave. Hottest places I have ever seen that summer. Stay cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom