ONSC Other Cars Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was presented with an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Her name is Lucky.

PXL_20221229_214105383.jpg

Hell yeah! Welcome to the pcar club!

Very cool. Details
08 Cayman S 6-speed, Porsche design edition. Was owned by a close friend of mine for the past 8 years or so, 26k miles total. It was parked on the street where he lives and it got side swiped. Insurance totaled it. I bought it from him after he bought it back from insurance for $8200. Only damage is the control arm, thrust arm, and tie rod on ds rear, along with a cracked tail light. Some how no body damage.

Adjuste estimate was wild. $8k for a brake rotor, $6k for a wheel, tons of other unnecessary s***. 15k in labor lol.

I will get it fixed up and on the road for about a grand in parts I expect.

Pic from the morning after it got hit.

1385_796_1.25.png

Last edited:
dibs on 1st ride when you get it fixed.

08 Cayman S 6-speed, Porsche design edition. Was owned by a close friend of mine for the past 8 years or so, 26k miles total. It was parked on the street where he lives and it got side swiped. Insurance totaled it. I bought it from him after he bought it back from insurance for $8200. Only damage is the control arm, thrust arm, and tie rod on ds rear, along with a cracked tail light. Some how no body damage.

Adjuste estimate was wild. $8k for a brake rotor, $6k for a wheel, tons of other unnecessary s***. 15k in labor lol.

I will get it fixed up and on the road for about a grand in parts I expect.

Pic from the morning after it got hit.

View attachment 3207018
Track build, or just tooling around. I had a 15 Cayman, they are so well balanced. I also dipped back into the german arena..
D1F6BB18-A76E-4AC8-B32D-29F317560353.jpeg

Track build, or just tooling around.
It will be used at vir as much as possible, but I also want to use it on the street a bunch. So, somewhere inbetween, lol

Build thread PLEASE!! Is the Trekker and Trailblazer essentially the same thing? I've seen them called both

I’ll definitely get a thread going for it sometime soon.

They were both basically market testing for the 4Runner but they are different in some ways. Main differences are…

Trekker was made by Winnebago initially then IBC for a year. Fiberglass bed and top. ~1500 made

Trailblazer was made by Griffith. Steel bed with fiberglass top. ~400 made

The next project was picked up today with @GLTHFJ60

1982 Toyota Griffith Trailblazer! Needs some love but will be a fun journey. Pretty rare truck

View attachment 3233376

View attachment 3233377

The sharp eyed among us can even see the truck's name in the above pic, lol.

Def not original paint, but it's not bad. Hood is flaking, but not a huge deal. Rumor is he's gonna paint it at some point.

Look at that grin!

PXL_20230129_202312735.jpg

The next project was picked up today with @GLTHFJ60

1982 Toyota Griffith Trailblazer! Needs some love but will be a fun journey. Pretty rare truck

View attachment 3233376

View attachment 3233377

Congratulations!

That's a rare duck for sure, have never seen one in the wild.

What are the chances it has matching Trailblazer tires 😂

And a straight front bumper, how?

I’ll definitely get a thread going for it sometime soon.

They were both basically market testing for the 4Runner but they are different in some ways. Main differences are…

Trekker was made by Winnebago initially then IBC for a year. Fiberglass bed and top. ~1500 made

Trailblazer was made by Griffith. Steel bed with fiberglass top. ~400 made
Was a third effort by another company who also used the stock Toyota steel bed called Wolverine, had a taller cap then yours.

Picture of the interior?

Cool stuff!

Congratulations!

That's a rare duck for sure, have never seen one in the wild.

What are the chances it has matching Trailblazer tires 😂

And a straight front bumper, how?

Was a third effort by another company who also used the stock Toyota steel bed called Wolverine, had a taller cap then yours.

Picture of the interior?

Cool stuff!

Yup the Wolverine was also in the mix.

Interior is in pieces currently and pretty gross since the trucks been sitting for over a decade so not picture worthy. Need to get the roof on Sandy welded back together and then this will get some attention. First and foremost, get it started.

Very cool and matching tires. ;<)

The seller of this one was incredible and held it on my word for 4 days until I went to get it. Apparently he had over 100 people wanting it and dozens offering to pay non refundable payments to come get it. Luckily he was a man of his word and held it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom