What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needed some lumber.
09AC6BC0-721D-488A-9142-C30181AF7297.jpeg
DF3E0F60-B814-4C05-B28D-8CFCAE9E419E.jpeg

That is what can happen if your car is stolen then sits in an impound lot for 3 months and they begin to remove parts just because they are such nice people.
WTF! And you have to pay them to get your car back? Care to share what went down? I would go ape s***.:mad:

Huge progress in getting the H55F in. With my work schedule I get one day a month right now to work on it, but it’s well into the bolt on stage now.

79EE18D0-405C-4FF1-938D-0DE59582D674.jpeg

CADAE275-A776-433A-BD8A-E7A2A3E2922A.jpeg

3B93AB73-3A12-4C64-8C14-B3B01222A0EC.jpeg

E9730C6A-C577-4FBA-96E5-B7FED08D2533.jpeg

replaced the horn rings and springs in my rear exhaust manifold horn. I wasn't sure it was possible but I was able to remove the last 2 manifold to head bolts and wiggle out the horn without removing the manifolds from the head. I also loosened the EGR pipe big nut at the EGR cooler and loosened the EGR cooler and pulled the EGR pipe. You can't pull the horn back with the studs from the horn still in the EGR pipe flange holes. I replaced the egr pipe to manifold gasket.

The outer ring was stuck in the compressed position. Rust scale on the walls inside the ring groove to the point that the ring was grabbing the wall. Even when I pulled the ring out and put it on a bench it moved back to the compressed position. I guess it had been there long enough that it liked being compressed. I did prepare my self with new springs and rings. The manifold to head gasket didn't tear and looked in good shape. It had been on there about a year and maybe 1K miles. I was fully prepared to have to pull the manifolds off and replace the gasket but I think I lucked out. It's all buttoned back up but I haven't started it yet. Started pouring rain as soon as I got done.

With surprisingly short life of my last O2 sensor I noticed she developed a bit of an inconsistent miss. I suspect that might have been the cause. I was warming her up to run some errands and she just died and refused to start. No spark situation. Pulled apart the HEI testing Ohms to find the ignition module shot. $66 later it purrs like a kitten. Grace is so nice to me that she broke down in the driveway. I am suspecting it might be the cause of the O2 sensor fouling so quickly. I guess ignition module has made the list of emergency spare parts I need to carry.

WTF! And you have to pay them to get your car back? Care to share what went down? I would go ape s***.:mad:
Ya know, I think someday I will start a thread Going thru what happened, as painful as it might be, and then I can show what it was like after recovery and now.

Tinkering on the t-case and avoiding snow shoveling.

20230101_143018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom