Turn signal rapid blink intermittently (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a weird one.

The other day my driver side blinker started going very fast. Figured a bulb burned out, but then the blinker went back to normal before I got home. Today…same thing.

I’m going to grab bulbs for front and rear because it’s cheap and easy.

Any thoughts on what else could be causing this issue?

Np LED bulbs in headlights or tail lights. I do have HID low beams.

Welp, pulled the headlights today to replace all the bulbs (should have done that when I got new headlights, woops).

Found what I think is the culprit.
C4BE392F-32ED-48EA-8E0C-4BE013092D0B.jpeg

Hard to tell from the picture but the inside is super corroded. The bulb wasn’t shot, but it was burned to hell and stuck in the socket.

Found 2 new harnesses at a local Lexus dealer. Got the bumper and headlights off. So I’m just gonna replace the harnesses and all the bulbs.

Knocked it out today.

Spent more time in Atlanta traffic hitting 2 dealerships than I did on the replacement!

I replaced bulbs way back when I first bought the GX, and, honestly, I wish I’d just pulled the bumper and headlights that time. So much easier than trying to wriggle my hands up from underneath the truck to get the side marker bulbs. Figure I can pull the bumper and headlights in about 15 minutes at this point.

898B0288-DDA5-4ABD-95C8-44083E64E0FB.jpeg

A little dielectric grease also prevents the corrosion as a PM when you swap bulbs. Just be careful not to get the grease on the bulb itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom