2UZ FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is the cooling?

How is the cooling?
I drove for about 30 minutes and the electric fan kicks on at 185ish. I only saw the temps get up to 192. I imagine it will be sufficient for how I’m going to use the truck.

Last edited:
Took the kids out for breakfast and donuts. We had a blast and thankfully the truck performed well. With the v8 and 4wd there is a good amount of torque steer when you lay into the throttle:)

EAAFA4F5-BE86-43BC-BB9A-28BE82558C58.jpeg

1AEA1BEA-07D9-4F1E-B75A-EEE8673B0881.jpeg

Finally replaced this welded rear diff. I’ve known it was poorly welded for years now (installed prior to my ownership) but I never really wanted to dive into swapping in a new diff. Glad I did! The welds were all broken and starting to splinter off.

These are old pictures from when I opened the diff cover back in October 2017…

The last picture is after I pulled the diff and used a screwdriver to pop off some of the welds.

3F962646-178C-4B73-9803-26F2319CC6A3.jpeg

45412CC1-8064-4163-A2B1-848843A2D47A.jpeg

53382992-E120-4767-8BC6-FC2E9423EA2B.jpeg

Last edited:
nice!

what app did you use for your OBD2?
I've used Torque Pro, but I recently bought a hardwired OBDII reader that powers on when the truck turns on. The wifi obd reader was getting warm while running and I always had to manually sync it with my phone so the hardwired reader was a nice change.

I've used Torque Pro, but I recently bought a hardwired OBDII reader that powers on when the truck turns on. The wifi obd reader was getting warm while running and I always had to manually sync it with my phone so the hardwired reader was a nice change.
Ja, been thinking of getting a hard wire OBD2 reader as well. I just need to first make sure my OBD2 port actually still works!

If a toyota v8 is what you want , that is what I would tell you to work torward. If you would be settling for the sniper set up, my guess is that you will always want the toyota V8.

I had a 383 in my 45 and would have preffered a 2uz. Since I had the 383 installed already I installed an expensive fuel injection setup because it was easiest and I thought I would be happy with it. After I did that I still wanted the 2uz. I have since pulled that engine and sold it to pursue the 2uz set up I wanted. Ultimately I waisted time and money settling when I installed The FI on the 383 when I could have put that torward the 2uz.

If the 2uz is your dream, do it.

Sorry to resurrect this but this happens to me A LOT! Hahaha

Good point @Tank5

I’m on the cusp of researching and compiling now

Sorry to resurrect this but this happens to me A LOT! Hahaha

Good point @Tank5

I’m on the cusp of researching and compiling now

Yeah, it's interesting for me to reread my own thread to watch the ebb and flow of wanting a 2uz and then realizing I didn't have time to do it. Once I started, it took about 18 months to truly get it together and running. Now, I'm working through the little changes to make it more friendly to drive on the street since I spend more time around town than I do out on the trails.

Ahhh, give it the beans! You know you wanna!

I’ve been working through some major torque steer in the AWD system when givin’ it the beans…to the point where I truly haven’t floored it yet. I replaced the steering gearbox with a new redhead unit, check torque on all of the shackles, u bolts, etc. I was ready to dive into a radius arm install to mirror an 80 series front suspension to get rid of the leaf springs thinking that was not helping.

I made a pivot this week and decided to ditch the AWD and install a part time kit. The transfer case spool should be here Friday but tonight I locked the center diff and unlocked the hubs. Creating a poor man’s part time kit, and… it’s ALIVE! Drives amazing now and I can finally give it the beans!

I’ll see if I can get a buddy to help with a true drive by video this weekend.

Taking the kids out wheeling tomorrow. Loaded it up on the trailer earlier today and finished strapping it down tonight. Oh and filled it with ALL the kiddo snacks for tomorrow 😂

B4325D1D-4503-4671-8D2A-AD959920C731.jpeg

Wait a minute, a Penn State cap and a Georgia cap in Oklahoma?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom