What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No more rear heat?
Rear heat is no more. Nobody rides back there except the dog and he’s a big fluffy ****er that only demands rear a/c. I left a little nipple of sorts and capped the rear lines with some sprinkler line caps so in the unlikely hood I change my mind they won’t be all full of dirt by then.

Seal was leaking... There was a puddle under the diff housing and the housing always had a drip getting ready to drop. I used a 3 jaw puller to remove the flange. I tried to pry it off for about 33 seconds then stopped being obtuse and grabbed the puller and it came off easy. I don't know if the bearing spacer is crush or solid. I did not check torque. The advice I found here on MUD was to count the number of turns it took to remove the flange nut. I reinstalled the nut with the same number of turns, 8 2/3 in my case. My arms indicate the torque was every bit of 180 ft lbs on that last 1/4 turn of the nut.

Good luck! Please share your experience :cool:
Seal was leaking... There was a puddle under the diff housing and the housing always had a drip getting ready to drop. I used a 3 jaw puller to remove the flange. I tried to pry it off for about 33 seconds then stopped being obtuse and grabbed the puller and it came off easy. I don't know if the bearing spacer is crush or solid. I did not check torque. The advice I found here on MUD was to count the number of turns it took to remove the flange nut. I reinstalled the nut with the same number of turns, 8 2/3 in my case. My arms indicate the torque was every bit of 180 ft lbs on that last 1/4 turn of the nut.

Good luck! Please share your experience :cool:
Swapped the companion flange this afternoon. I had biffed mine on some rocks at windrock back in October along with candy striping the prop shaft. Had a fair amount of driveline complaining as a result.
1672191631760.jpeg

1672191679928.jpeg

Tried to rebalance the prop shaft but it still had a noticeable “complaint” at 30-50mph- so I bought a new propshaft during the discounted sales over thanksgiving. After installing the new prop shaft my high speed runs were really smooth but I could still feel a minor vibe between 30-40 which is why I decided to swap the damaged flange for a new one.

I installed 4.88’s back in February so all new seals and bearings including a solid spacer ( which makes retorqing pinion nut simple).

Today I didn’t bother to change the outer pinion seal since it’s got just a few thousand miles on it- (I hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me.)

After unstaking the nut, it spun off pretty easily with rattle gun- the companion flange pulled off by hand- and since the back end was lifted proceeded to spew gear oil all over my work mat- doh 🙄. Note to others drain some fluid or raise the front end to tip the oil back from the pinion.

Install was pretty straightforward. Test drive tomorrow.

Swapped the companion flange this afternoon. I had biffed mine on some rocks at windrock back in October along with candy striping the prop shaft. Had a fair amount of driveline complaining as a result.
View attachment 3203148
View attachment 3203149

Tried to rebalance the prop shaft but it still had a noticeable “complaint” at 30-50mph- so I bought a new propshaft during the discounted sales over thanksgiving. After installing the new prop shaft my high speed runs were really smooth but I could still feel a minor vibe between 30-40 which is why I decided to swap the damaged flange for a new one.

I installed 4.88’s back in February so all new seals and bearings including a solid spacer ( which makes retorqing pinion nut simple).

Today I didn’t bother to change the outer pinion seal since it’s got just a few thousand miles on it- (I hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me.)

After unstaking the nut, it spun off pretty easily with rattle gun- the companion flange pulled off by hand- and since the back end was lifted proceeded to spew gear oil all over my work mat- doh 🙄. Note to others drain some fluid or raise the front end to tip the oil back from the pinion.

Install was pretty straightforward. Test drive tomorrow.
Oh yeah. I forget to mention the gear oil will run out once you pull the flange :doh:

After unstaking the nut, it spun off pretty easily with rattle gun- the companion flange pulled off by hand- and since the back end was lifted proceeded to spew gear oil all over my work mat- doh 🙄.
Just for the record- this is me too man. Feels like there should be the Benny Hill theme on repeat sometimes.

I’ll remember this when I get into mine next time, though. 👍👍

I saw the best fuel economy so far, with the roof rack removed! Cruising at 60mph with a couple of very short stops on flat-ish highway. 40⁰ F ambient temp, rolling on Bridgestone Blizzaks.
17.8 MPG is unreal!

View attachment 3178905
How did you get ATF on your scangauge?! I have an 07 LC100 that i trans temp in!

They are custom made, you just need to give them the distance between the two inner sides of the rails. Mine was at 44-15/16". The reason they are custom made is that the distance varies from LC to LC.
They mention wind noise if you don’t have the fairing, is it that bad? What if you move the bars further back? Thanks for adding an option for better racks!

They mention wind noise if you don’t have the fairing, is it that bad? What if you move the bars further back? Thanks for adding an option for better racks!
I first got the crossbar upfront without the wind fairing and there wasn't any significant noice while driving, however I did not take it on highways at that point. I guess do to miscommunication I did not realized that they can custom make the crossbar with the fairing build in which I ordered a few weeks later. With the fairing crossbar I do not have any noice that I can hear while driving on highways. You can also get the regular crossbar and just ad the bolt on fairing as an option. The downsize to this option is that you would have to remove the fairing and reinstall it every time you want to attach something to the crossbars.

I first got the crossbar upfront without the wind fairing and there wasn't any significant noice while driving, however I did not take it on highways at that point. I guess do to miscommunication I did not realized that they can custom make the crossbar with the fairing build in which I ordered a few weeks later. With the fairing crossbar I do not have any noice that I can hear while driving on highways. You can also get the regular crossbar and just ad the bolt on fairing as an option. The downsize to this option is that you would have to remove the fairing and reinstall it every time you want to attach something to the crossbars.
Thanks. I’ll probably just get the built in fairing crossbar.

Tossed the relatively inexpensive HF Badlands Apex 12k winch on the not-so inexpensive Slee blueberry bumper & fairlead. No room for the electronics so had to relocate to a Pelican case in the engine bay. Zip tied until a better mount is determined. New rear hatch struts too.

50B6F41F-A16F-4AA9-BF4A-1F53B4454F2E.jpeg

85E6167C-4577-4547-B381-74FD34070BEB.jpeg

3B59635F-51F7-4AAF-AEC5-9A9CA238F16F.jpeg

Leather looks nice! Did you go somewhere local for it or order from an online seller?
Online. US Auto Seat Covers in Houston but ordered them off of eBay. Another Mud guy recommended them. They are well made and the fit was great. If I had to do it over again I would add a thin layer of foam to the sides as mine had deteriorated a bit. Over all very happy with them. I waited to do the backs until I knew what the quality was like. Now I am sold.

Tossed the relatively inexpensive HF Badlands Apex 12k winch on the not-so inexpensive Slee blueberry bumper & fairlead. No room for the electronics so had to relocate to a Pelican case in the engine bay. Zip tied until a better mount is determined. New rear hatch struts too.
Clever idea putting the electronics in a pelican case! What size case did you use? I picked up the same winch today and hoping to install it this weekend.

Online. US Auto Seat Covers in Houston but ordered them off of eBay. Another Mud guy recommended them. They are well made and the fit was great. If I had to do it over again I would add a thin layer of foam to the sides as mine had deteriorated a bit. Over all very happy with them. I waited to do the backs until I knew what the quality was like. Now I am sold.

how difficult was the install ? i just got quoted almost $1800 to fit the front & rear seat covers , i only paid $1800 for the whole lot (in aud $)

Yes! The special service tool(SST) that toyota prescribes in repair manuals to use. You can spend Hours! Beating the UCA's on rustbelt original knuckles. Or pop em easy with these. Tool definitely works on other yodas as well. I'm never using toyota parts dept again if I can buy it from their connect ;p
can i get a link to the place you purchased it from please , cheers

never mind i found it cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom