San Fernando Valley (LA) Upholstery shop reco ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi SoCal LC'ers,

Just received my order from Ridies...
I'm looking for a recommendation on a SoCal upholstery shop to install them, I'd prefer a place in the Glendale/Burbank/SanFernando Valley area so it's close to work ...

It's time to freshen up the DD, just before we hit 400,000 miles ... :)

Thought I'd ask, otherwise I'll start throwing darts at Yelp listings ...
Thanks

-e

FYI
Did the rounds this morning, quotes to install front row Ridies incl center console

Jack's Auto Upholstery in Tarzana
$950 & 2 days

New Life Auto Upholstery in Reseda
$600 & 1 day

Chatsworth Auto Upholstery in ... Chatsworth
$500 & 1.5days

-e

FYI
Did the rounds this morning, quotes to install front row Ridies incl center console

Jack's Auto Upholstery in Tarzana
$950 & 2 days

New Life Auto Upholstery in Reseda
$600 & 1 day

Chatsworth Auto Upholstery in ... Chatsworth
$500 & 1.5days

-e
I'm not one to usually say just repair it on your own, but this is one of those repairs that a basic tool set and hog ring pliers can solve, if you're up for it. I wouldn't really want someone to do this unless they have experience with automotive seat upholestry.

Don't get me wrong it was a pain in the ass and many hours and busted knuckles later it was done....One hard part for me was getting all the plastic trim pieces and electrical pieces / cabling all put back right. It was a challenge and I could see how someone might just half ass it. Stretching the leather is tough to and sometimes requires an extra person to help.

Also the seat heater elements can be delicate. Take the time to get it all dialed in right. 3M foam spray glue is really helpful here.

If you do it on your own it also gives you the opportunity to steam the foam so it fluffs back up and add some extra cushioning

I'm not one to usually say just repair it on your own, but this is one of those repairs that a basic tool set and hog ring pliers can solve, if you're up for it. I wouldn't really want someone to do this unless they have experience with automotive seat upholestry.

Don't get me wrong it was a pain in the ass and many hours and busted knuckles later it was done....One hard part for me was getting all the plastic trim pieces and electrical pieces / cabling all put back right. It was a challenge and I could see how someone might just half ass it. Stretching the leather is tough to and sometimes requires an extra person to help.

Also the seat heater elements can be delicate. Take the time to get it all dialed in right. 3M foam spray glue is really helpful here.

If you do it on your own it also gives you the opportunity to steam the foam so it fluffs back up and add some extra cushioning

I've got plenty on my plate as is
I'll leave the upholstery to a professional - thus the question about shop reco's in my area ...

I already sourced a new seat bottom cushion from Toyota for the driver side
No amount of steaming is going to bring the current one back to life - it's somewhat torn up at 395,750 miles ... Just needs replacing

I've got plenty on my plate as is
I'll leave the upholstery to a professional - thus the question about shop reco's in my area ...

I already sourced a new seat bottom cushion from Toyota for the driver side
No amount of steaming is going to bring the current one back to life - it's somewhat torn up at 395,750 miles ... Just needs replacing
Roger that, I also replaced my seat bottom but was shocked on how much the back foam came back to life with the steam it was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom