2002 Wheel Lug Nut Size? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cypher

# ./lock -diff
Threads
I've done a good amount of searching here on the forum and haven't found the answer to my question. Lots about lug nuts but no specifications. So here's my super n00bie question:

What size lug nuts are need for the 100 factory 16x8 wheels? Should be the same for 98-02 I assume...

I'd like to pick some up at the local parts store (aka NOT the dealership). Just to clear things up, I currently do not have factory wheels on the truck and need some lugs for the factory wheels I just picked up. Thanks! :)

14mm x 1.5

Damn I love this forum! Thanks for the quick response guys!

However, the linked thread indicates "The 100 series Landcruiser uses 5 - 22mm lug nuts" while Spressomon says "14mm x 1.5". With that info I can figure it out, but for the sake of the thread, what size is correct? Both? Different fitments?

Thanks again!

The 22mm number is referring to the size of the socket you would use to install or remove the lug nut (the distance across two parallel flats of the nut).

The 14mm X 1.5 is referring to the size of the stud the nut threads onto. 14mm is the nominal diameter of the stud. 1.5 refers to the pitch of the thread. So 1.5 means there is 1.5mm from one peak to the next peak of the tread.

The 22mm number is referring to the size of the socket you would use to install or remove the lug nut (the distance across two parallel flats of the nut).

The 14mm X 1.5 is referring to the size of the stud the nut threads onto. 14mm is the nominal diameter of the stud. 1.5 refers to the pitch of the thread. So 1.5 means there is 1.5mm from one peak to the next peak of the tread.

Ahh man, I didn't even catch that but it makes complete sense. I wasn't even thinking of the socket size needed to install/remove the lug nut.

Once again thanks for the responses. I just found this exact size on the Checkers website and will pick some up tomorrow morning.

80 and 100 series don't have same lug nut size

Last edited:
I think 6-lug Toyotas (pre 100-series LC, 4-Runners, Pickups) use a M12X1.5, and the bolt circle is a smaller diameter. I sold my 60 too long ago to remember.

I just found this exact size on the Checkers website and will pick some up tomorrow morning.

Finding the correct 'size' is the first step. Finding the correct lug nut is not so easy. I could not find them at AutoZone or Pep Boys. I had to get them from Toyota. I don't think I ever tried Checker so you might get lucky. It would seem like with all the 98+ LC/LX470s and now the new Tundra (same pattern and size) that they would now be common enough to stock at the big name parts stores.

In order to work with the OEM rim, the lug nut must have the shoulder section which goes down into the hole in the rim (for centering purposes) and then a washer that mates up to the flat part/face of the lug hole.

You can find them on eBay for a pretty good price though. You'll pay $5 - $8 each at Toyota. The pic below is from this auction:

eBay Lug Nuts
m14x1_5 lugs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BAR
Finding the correct 'size' is the first step. Finding the correct lug nut is not so easy. I could not find them at AutoZone or Pep Boys. I had to get them from Toyota. I don't think I ever tried Checker so you might get lucky. It would seem like with all the 98+ LC/LX470s and now the new Tundra (same pattern and size) that they would now be common enough to stock at the big name parts stores.

In order to work with the OEM rim, the lug nut must have the shoulder section which goes down into the hole in the rim (for centering purposes) and then a washer that mates up to the flat part/face of the lug hole.

You can find them on eBay for a pretty good price though. You'll pay $5 - $8 each at Toyota. The pic below is from this auction:

eBay Lug Nuts

If that is the case I am in trouble today since the Toyota parts department is going to be closed and there will not be enough time to get something shipped to me... Not good.

I have maybe 20 OEM lugnuts that I could get to you, let me know

That's very kind of you, I'm actually looking for all black ones. But if you don't mind, can you send me a pic. of the OEM lug nut so I can confirm the fit (flat/mag seat)?
I don't have the tool to remove any nuts currently on my truck to confirm. Thanks!
I'm thinking of ordering these from Amazon. M14 x 1.5 22mm Hex.

1672346163121.png

My 22 mm socket always gets stuck to the nut.
would a 7/8” socket work better?

after doing this thing called math I’m thinking not.

I’m searching for the perfect fit for my oem rim on my 2000. I bought some on Amazon that said would fit but it leaves a millimeter or so gap between the inside shoulder and the rim. I do have bora hubcentric spacers but I don’t feel comfortable putting the lug in since it’s not fully snug in the time hole. I feel like it’ll put more strain on the hub centric flaps of the bora wheel spacer.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom