6X series Unobtainium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Cult

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruisercult.com
Hey all! Figured maybe it was a good time to start an unobtainium thread just like the 40 section has! A place to showcase rare 6x series parts from across the world and time! Lets see what you got!
For my submission I have these two cool 61/62 style fog switches. :grinpimp:

IMG_0818.jpg

Here is a fun one! I came across an ad in the local craigslist selling some random 62 series parts. I show up and an older couple has an assortment of NOS 62 parts in a dealer parts bag. They used to own a FJ62 and were quite the travelers. With the parts were these very cool and rare (at least here in the US) 61/62 series AUS spec'd headlamp covers! I am not sure how they got them, guessing they picked them up on their travels.
Definitely dorky cool when they are on. :D
IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7959.jpg

Here’s a couple unobtainium bits I want to see:

1. 60 Series ceiling mounted console

2. The little skinny little “map light” thing on the HVAC bezel

I have much want.

Here is a fun one! I came across an ad in the local craigslist selling some random 62 series parts. I show up and an older couple has an assortment of NOS 62 parts in a dealer parts bag. They used to own a FJ62 and were quite the travelers. With the parts were these very cool and rare (at least here in the US) 61/62 series AUS spec'd headlamp covers! I am not sure how they got them, guessing they picked them up on their travels.
Definitely dorky cool when they are on. :D
View attachment 3205086

View attachment 3205087
I used to have a pair for my 62!

Hucked em in the recycling though because I got sick of cleaning them literally every couple days.

I'm curious what the actual 6x series ceiling console looked like. I know no US spec 6x had it, and from all I've seen and read, no non-high-roof 6x ever had it.

I used to have a pair for my 62!

Hucked em in the recycling though because I got sick of cleaning them literally every couple days.

I'm curious what the actual 6x series ceiling console looked like. I know no US spec 6x had it, and from all I've seen and read, no non-high-roof 6x ever had it.
Hahaha, yeah I would not run them for any real length of time!

Thank You for creating this thread @Cruiser Cult , it's long overdue ... ... :)

the only all things 60 61 62 Series Lock Key Cylinder still available is the USA-Spec. application FJ62 Part # 69057-90A08

there is a strange factor here on the 69052-90A06 Drivers Door Lock cylinder , it's been Disc. / NLA status for several months now , everywhere globally except the USA ?

i am not sure how that exacly happens , but if you ever wanted to know in advance a 60 series part was pending certain DOOM factor and HORDE one for the needed future , this would be that time and that would be the part # ....

i was not so surprised when the 69058-90A02 fuel door spring loaded equipped black HOCKEY stick lock was axed like over a year , say maybe 18 months approx. ..

but when out of no where , the 69055-90A06 FJ60 Rear Hatch manual actuated push button style was suddenly a GHOST ?

it was a moment in time for me that froze , like when Shuttle Challenger failed during its lift off Roll Maneuver .

i was at my local dealer parts counter , picking up a order and my parts rep said "it's E status gone " :confused:

i had just like a week earlier , fashioned a prototype small linkage rod , that would make it a working substitute in a power

actuated FJ62 application in place of the long since Disc. / NLA 69058-90A14 ..

i even went on a hunt for a live specimen of 69058-90A14 for future reference and case study :idea:

no such luck ,,,,its lost in time forever :confused:

1622199200907 - Copy (2).png

DSCN9907 (1) - Copy.png

1672396770292.png

Last edited:
This indicator from an australian 60 series. Its got locker indicators where the USDM seatbelt sign is. I was about to buy this very dash just for that indicator and swap in 12v bulbs, but it was $300.

That being said, im going to 3d print this and make it myself, the dry transfer decal will be 1:1 and debating on whether or not to use leds or small halogen bulbs to keep it looking old or not. The dry transfer decals will match the rest of the dash so it wont look out of place

Ill release the file and link the decals for free for anyone on here to use. Just like i did with the check engine light for LS Swaps. Should end up costing less than $20

C7VlRSyh.jpg

1672382006641.jpeg

60 Non US fog light switch. Pretty difficult to source one of those.

Non US spec 60 stuff: (post some photos if you have some of this stuff on your trucks)

- Rear quarter sliding windows
- D pillar steps
- front wing style windows
- Center console cooler box
- rear AC
- cold spec roll down Rad screens on the diesel 60 series
- rear barn doors
- split second rows
- rear 3rd row seats
- 60 Full Float rear axle
- 60 series power radio antenna
- Front bench seats

Ive been considering selling 3D files for some items. For the switches I just drew up a too scale 3D drawing of the FJ62 style Hi-Low Fan Switch as a demo of whats possible. The switch face is dimensionally accurate inside and out and would be totally interchangeable with OEM switch parts if needed. The plan is to finish the 3D drawings of the switch housing and internals. Users would be able to edit these files, use them for restoration, custom switches, or whatever. I would not be producing them but rather the end user would produce the parts themselves or via a 3rd party.

The end product would contain a complete 3D file package for a switch with a bill of materials on where to source everything from the internal springs, color coded wires, and even wire connectors if I could source them. It would be a complete OEM replica.

I have a few reasons on why Ive been holding back on selling 3D files like this.
1. Users would cheat the payment system by sharing the files making all my time in designing and putting together this kit a total waste of effort, time and money.
2. Many users out there may not have the ability or reasonable means to reproduce these themselves.

Reproduction of FJ60, FJ62 or any model Land Cruiser switches is already totally and easily doable its just a matter of production and production cost. To have these professionally reproduced via injection molding would be incredibly expensive and may not be anywhere near profitable enough to justify the effort or time. 3D printing parts on small scale is doable and may be more reasonable for a product like this but the issue with that is trusting individuals to not share files and make my time a total waste.

Heater HI LOW Switch v6.png
Hilow1.png
Hilow2.png
Switchref.jpg

Ive been considering selling 3D files for some items. For the switches I just drew up a too scale 3D drawing of the FJ62 style Hi-Low Fan Switch as a demo of whats possible. The switch face is dimensionally accurate inside and out and would be totally interchangeable with OEM switch parts if needed. The plan is to finish the 3D drawings of the switch housing and internals. Users would be able to edit these files, use them for restoration, custom switches, or whatever. I would not be producing them but rather the end user would produce the parts themselves or via a 3rd party.

The end product would contain a complete 3D file package for a switch with a bill of materials on where to source everything from the internal springs, color coded wires, and even wire connectors if I could source them. It would be a complete OEM replica.

I have a few reasons on why Ive been holding back on selling 3D files like this.
1. Users would cheat the payment system by sharing the files making all my time in designing and putting together this kit a total waste of effort, time and money.
2. Many users out there may not have the ability or reasonable means to reproduce these themselves.

Reproduction of FJ60, FJ62 or any model Land Cruiser switches is already totally and easily doable its just a matter of production and production cost. To have these professionally reproduced via injection molding would be incredibly expensive and may not be anywhere near profitable enough to justify the effort or time. 3D printing parts on small scale is doable and may be more reasonable for a product like this but the issue with that is trusting individuals to not share files and make my time a total waste.

View attachment 3205629View attachment 3205630View attachment 3205631View attachment 3205632
Super cool!!!! Excited for these.
Yeah I am not sure what to do with the security aspect of the file dissemination. Is there a way to create a file that is password protected for alterations but allows for printing and then incorporate a logo on the backside of the part?

Thank You for creating this thread @Cruiser Cult , it's long overdue ... ... :)

the only all things 60 61 62 Series Lock Key Cylinder still available is the USA-Spec. application FJ62 Part # 69057-90A08

there is a strange factor here on the 69052-90A06 Drivers Door Lock cylinder , it's been Disc. / NLA status for several months now , everywhere globally except the USA ?

i am not sure how that exacly happens , but if you ever wanted to know in advance a 60 series part was pending certain DOOM factor and HORDE one for the needed future , this would be that time and that would be the part # ....

i was not so surprised when the 69058-90A02 fuel door spring loaded equipped black HOCKEY stick lock was axed like over a year , say maybe 18 months approx. ..

but when out of no where , the 69055-90A06 FJ60 Rear Hatch manual actuated push button style was suddenly a GHOST ?

it was a moment in time for me that froze , like when Shuttle Challenger failed during its lift off Roll Maneuver .

i was at my local dealer parts counter , picking up a order and my parts rep said "it's E status gone " :confused:

i had just like a week earlier , fashioned a prototype small linkage rod , that would make it a working substitute in a power

actuated FJ62 application in place of the long since Disc. / NLA 69058-90A14 ..

i even went on a hunt for a live specimen of 69058-90A14 for future reference and case study :idea:

no such luck ,,,,its lost in time forever :confused:

View attachment 3205463

View attachment 3205462

View attachment 3205465
Totally! The 40 peeps cannot have ALL the "fun"... :p

View attachment 3205428

Non US spec 60 stuff: (post some photos if you have some of this stuff on your trucks)

- D pillar steps
- rear AC
- rear barn doors
- split second rows
- rear 3rd row seats
- Front bench seats
All of these are cool, and I’ve run across them in the wild or in photos, but…

60 front bench seat??!! I need a picture of that!! I would swap the buckets in a heartbeat if I ever found a front bench (although I’m sure the price would be obscene).

The canvas radiator screens are cool - just saw a picture of one for the first time a few months ago.

@ChaserFJ60 , being totally computer illiterate, regarding #1 on your concern list, could there not be some way, digitally, to render the file unusable if it is shared. just an old f$#ktard thinking out loud :meh:

View attachment 3205428

- D pillar steps
- rear AC
- rear barn doors
- split second rows
- rear 3rd row seats
- Front bench seats
Here are some photos of my non-us fj60. It has the 60-40 split front row, third row jump seats and ambulance doors. I live in the Tampa area if anyone ever wants to see it.

947CE251-DC84-4881-BFC2-FFD07FC4B14F.jpeg

EEC9D2A6-A428-4D85-87DD-DE1C41E90BDF.jpeg

D6D9572F-8E30-4796-98FE-E81EC9C1AD91.jpeg

19CE8411-0182-4402-A4D5-10C1D1B2713F.jpeg

77A0322A-0AF5-4F17-9C96-96C7D3C85E92.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom