Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in 10/81 till 10/83 pro dates ONLY & USA Spec. FJ40 ONLY to best of my knowledge , CANADA also included here on the 24V Varity 86112-60030 illuminated knob head

lamp switches 84112-60011 being the USA 12V Varity pull switch had this Illuminated ONLY option KNOB Universal language update logo , i suspect a exny AU part number John for your UNICORN analogue version followed these same pro-dates ...

this is a NOS Tech image example of both 12V switch USA spec. and the KNOB , not sure if illuminated knob was ever offered stand alone ?

this is the absolute CROWN Jewel to my personal anything land Cruiser Pull switch collection and one day mini- museum
one day i am planning to eventually donate to the HERITAGE Museum under @cruiserdan 's super vision and care

ALL my illuminated PULL switches will be sealed in a glass Aquarium fish tank and powered up with LED bulbs , part numbers hopfully to , this will help educate and document future youger land cruiser generation

also , ALL my analoge knob land Cruiser specimens collection will be housed in this same glass display case with glass shelves , ALL LAND CRUISER and ONLY land Cruiser switches will be in this display i vision and have sketches on paper for right now ,

see , at the Heritage Museum i was told by @cruiseroutfit / kurt has zero floor space for such proposed idea and donation , however , the have some wall space , for possible submissions and consideration , this idea would meet that criteria ...

below is NOS switch outlined above updated in LED ...........fyi

View attachment 3202767View attachment 3202768View attachment 3202769

View attachment 3202771View attachment 3202772

My switch with the 84111-20032 knob is a much splier switch. No rheostat to dim the dash lights. Just four spades in the plug. Switch may not be museum quality it really in good shape. Thought these switches were sold complete but that's not the case. 8411260020 does not come with the bolt and knob. Curious what market used this knob with the rheostat switch?

8411120042 is the part number for the illuminated knob and NLA. I ran 78 light switch in my 68 FJ40 for years. As I acquired newer 40s I switched my 68 back to original parts. Just out of curiosity are the newer light switches or US models becoming rare?

My switch with the 84111-20032 knob is a much splier switch. No rheostat to dim the dash lights. Just four spades in the plug. Switch may not be museum quality it really in good shape. Thought these switches were sold complete but that's not the case. 8411260020 does not come with the bolt and knob. Curious what market used this knob with the rheostat switch?

8411120042 is the part number for the illuminated knob and NLA. I ran 78 light switch in my 68 FJ40 for years. As I acquired newer 40s I switched my 68 back to original parts. Just out of curiosity are the newer light switches or US models becoming rare?

i have found that as far as service parts go , some pull switch knobs were available some ONLY came with a complete switch assy.

- i have 3 variations of a illuminated light switch Land Cruiser knob , i know nothing about the 3rd one , its a mystery and came from the Saudi Spec region still affixed to a

84112-60011 later 2nd gen rheostat dimmer 12V switch ,

USA was NOT the only market to get the back lit knob switches , but the eye ball logo knob i show above seams to be north America only ?

saudi spec. LX model 40's and some japan Spec. 40's came with the illuminated WIP WASH / Wiper and or HAZARD switches or both , the info on them is very hard to pin down , all i know if it's a LX in that part of the world its a big phat maybe so , so i unicorn hunter's hard for a long time and scooped up a nice cache of various ones ,

the only non-oem MOD i do now is make HAZARD lighted knobs switches from the boring OEM green , to a more snappy and OEM inspired OEM RED , the shoe fits ,

but all originally were green wiper too \

i played with wiper wash in BLUE , but it looked silly and almost very not believable , since all analog ones a white , oem analoge HAZARD is always RED , some YELLOW in saudi spec. but that's a odd topic too

lastly , you asked about the becoming rare factor ?

i have only ever come accross these NOS lighted knob ones below , so rare yes

pre-owned lighted ones almost always have a broken rheostat spring , so that is a reparable part using a celica stand dimmer same white ceramic block thing spring is in

i don't have time to pull switch hunt much any more , my online store duties keep me thin on time ,

but below is my entire lighted HEAD LAMP switch collection , some are only cores .........fyi

this does not include FOG , AUX HAZARD or WIPE WASH or FD , all have lighted knobs .........fyi

Last edited:
Switch knobs are on my next incoming batch. Should be here later this week via air-freight.

PTO Knobs are here :cool:

View attachment 3203159

The Front Drive Switch is fun to see again. We used to stock these decades ago.

View attachment 3203160

There is on on eBay at current in a cool vintage box:

you make manifest happen H55F fast ......... :D

i don't need a answer ,

HOUSTON : the TEq has landed ......

you make manifest happen H55F fast ......... :D

i don't need a answer ,

HOUSTON : the TEq has landed ......

Those were ordered right after each part number went live in Japan.

I suppose that could explain the canceled orders some are experiencing, out of stock? I don't know how many and what the shelf life is like on these parts. Hell, they discontinued them once for a reason? Perhaps I do need to order in hoard quantities. I'll have to poke around.

Those were ordered right after each part number went live in Japan.

I suppose that could explain the canceled orders some are experiencing, out of stock? I don't know how many and what the shelf life is like on these parts. Hell, they discontinued them once for a reason? Perhaps I do need to order in hoard quantities. I'll have to poke around.

YES , order a HORDE life-time supply ,

because the heritage website states a production time window and ending date

this ain't a forever thing , is how i interpret it ...

Last edited:

John ,

This encompasses my humble rheostat equipped lighted knob pull switch life long collection, 35pcs here and x1 in the sealed case = 36 total …

84112-60010
84112-60011
84112-60030

All 3 Knob variations I know exist ?

Is there others maybe ?

The lower LH side eye ball logo knob I call eye lashes style , I know nothing on ?

I regret not submitting the 84112-60011. Switch as one of my 3 heritage suggestions …:confused:

It would be neat and needed since so few good pre-owned ones exist at all today …

273CB74C-564D-40C7-86CE-1C3A772C004E.jpeg

3203A38F-E5A3-4248-8115-1BB74E60F08D.jpeg

Last edited:
John ,

This encompasses my humble rheostat equipped lighted knob pull switch life long collection, 35pcs here and x1 in the sealed case = 36 total …

84112-60010
84112-60011
84112-60030

All 3 Knob variations I know exist ?

Is there others maybe ?

The lower LH side eye ball logo knob I call eye lashes style , I know nothing on ?

I regret not submitting the 84112-60011. Switch as one of my 3 heritage suggestions …:confused:

It would be neat and needed since so few good pre-owned ones exist at all today …

View attachment 3203358

View attachment 3203360
"Eyelash" style knob was standard on my general countries spec one family owned
IMG_20210131_210945~2.jpg
low mile '78 FJ45 -

that is some TOKAIRIKA there .... :D

Tokai_Rika_logo1111.png

Last edited:
Knobs? C'mon, we still need gaskets kits and wheel cylinders dude!

Which gasket kit and wheel cylinders are you after? I'm not aware of either being offered for the 4x Series GR parts.

That said, we stock all of the 1961+ 4x/5x/6x/7x/8x wheel cylinders in Japan made or OEM including some of the non-US specific stuff. So wheel cylinders weren't on my wish list. There are some gasket kits I'd love to see however.

The 84222-60020 Transfer Indicator Switch - 10/1982-4/86 4x/6x arrived this week too :cool:

20221229_102317.jpg

so is there any posted instructions to convert site to english?
yq I asked since my japanese kinda sucks .. true better than my mandarin.

Switch knobs are on my next incoming batch. Should be here later this week via air-freight.

PTO Knobs are here :cool:

View attachment 3203159

The Front Drive Switch is fun to see again. We used to stock these decades ago.

View attachment 3203160

There is on on eBay at current in a cool vintage box:
Wondering when would you use 84210-14010 vs. 84210-20012? Both are back-up light switches, except the latter has the terminals on a short harness and hasn't been discontinued.

Wondering when would you use 84210-14010 vs. 84210-20012? Both are back-up light switches, except the latter has the terminals on a short harness and hasn't been discontinued.

When the hole you're trying to stuff it in dictates one or the other :D

20221230_111741.jpg

(they are quite different in size)

Why is it that no one has ever produced the interior door handle/plastic. Seems the plastic will crack over time but you are forced to buy the whole mechanism if you've only lost the plastic handle.

I feel like I've seen an aftermarket option but they were low quality. Let me dig around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom