LX570 Intro & Needs Hep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really appreciate your input! I was reading your thread, which I included in my initial post, before I even got the LX. Hell it was one of the contributing factors to me getting into an LX.

I just bought Method 705s in Titanium finish. Specs are 17 x 8.5, 5x150, 35mm offset and the Kenda 35x10.5r17s with matching spare. I think as I evaluate these I will either build towards the 37s or full width 35s on the next go around. Thank you for the link to the long travel AHC thread! I wanted something that was a relatively easy solution and would get me back on the trails soonest. Didn't hurt that the Kendas were very affordable from Walmart at $250 per.

Thank you for all of your help! I will be joining you in the 35" Kenda RT club! Tires should be here Thursday, not sure when the wheels will be here. I will keep this thread updated or maybe start a build thread.

This forum is awesome - I really appreciate everyone jumping in to give their thoughts, perspective, and share their experiences! Looking forward to contributing in the future and hopefully getting out there with some folks from here. Next year at Cruisers on the Rocks if nothing else.
First, do us all a favor and get hooked up with the most powerful LC club in the free world Capital Land Cruiser Club . There are several of us with 570's
Second, good call. It is about the point of diminishing returns is for you. There is always a tradeoff, right. The Kenda should fit with minimal reshaping of the liner/flap up front and nothing in back. That gets you the diameter and clearance bump you want, without having to do a lot of work to fit a slightly wider tire. Both the skinny and fat will have the same contact patch area -- physics -- but the fat will be wider, skinny longer. For sports cars (e.g. Porsche came with 255's at one point, btw) a wider patch is better to resist lateral forces. So for the Nordschleife, yeah maybe the 315's would be better. But arguably a longer contact patch is more useful off-road. Ultimately I don't think it really matters as much as we (especially me) think about it. At least until you are way out on the bell curve of hard core wheeling. IMHO.

Third: nobody likes seeing a stock vehicle wheeling because it punctures our rationalizing about all of the upgrades we have done or want. ;)

First, do us all a favor and get hooked up with the most powerful LC club in the free world Capital Land Cruiser Club . There are several of us with 570's
Second, good call. It is about the point of diminishing returns is for you. There is always a tradeoff, right. The Kenda should fit with minimal reshaping of the liner/flap up front and nothing in back. That gets you the diameter and clearance bump you want, without having to do a lot of work to fit a slightly wider tire. Both the skinny and fat will have the same contact patch area -- physics -- but the fat will be wider, skinny longer. For sports cars (e.g. Porsche came with 255's at one point, btw) a wider patch is better to resist lateral forces. So for the Nordschleife, yeah maybe the 315's would be better. But arguably a longer contact patch is more useful off-road. Ultimately I don't think it really matters as much as we (especially me) think about it. At least until you are way out on the bell curve of hard core wheeling. IMHO.

Third: nobody likes seeing a stock vehicle wheeling because it punctures our rationalizing about all of the upgrades we have done or want. ;)
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of CLCC which I will join over the weekend! I will be out of town for the next meeting but will be at the Union Springs/Flagpole ride as long as my wheels arrive and can get mounted before then.

Yea I didn’t have more time to do research and research local shops so going with the easiest option that addresses needs was key. The Kendra’s seemed to fit that very well and in further research are argued by some to better for these rocky trails. Next up are skids, sliders, and winch.

F1CC38AF-AE53-4DE6-B338-3D18A0B8C7F4.jpeg

@DrivenLyfe have you received you methods yet? I am eyeing the same wheel, maybe in 18" but the same titanium color. So I am wondering how the fit and look ends up on yours.

@DrivenLyfe have you received you methods yet? I am eyeing the same wheel, maybe in 18" but the same titanium color. So I am wondering how the fit and look ends up on yours.
I just got notification that they should arrive Tuesday. Hope to have them on shortly thereafter and will update the thread.

Going for an aggressive OEM + build. I had Titan 7s in titanium with a very similar silver on my M3 and loved the combo for this reason. The LX should be able to tackle tough trails, wash off and blend right in. 18” will probably look even cleaner and more OEM.

I will be matching the chrome delete efforts to the Titanium color as best as possible. The front bumper, front skid and sliders will also get the same paint.

Maybe some blue shackles and brake calipers. LX Fsport lol. Many other items to address before all that

I am working with black and have been debating chrome delete or find some wheels that could work with it. Hoping that maybe that titanium would look good...
IMG_0872.jpg

Can't wait to see how your rig looks with them.

A0570BC1-8BBB-4701-93A3-CD0C9A3CCFC5.jpeg

Wheels are in and I hope to get them installed this week. Will post videos to show the color better as the matte titanium looks a bit different depending on light and angle. Think they’ll look great on the LX.

Also, they weighed in at 26lbs even and seem high quality.

I am working with black and have been debating chrome delete or find some wheels that could work with it. Hoping that maybe that titanium would look good...
View attachment 3199503
Can't wait to see how your rig looks with them.
Likewise! I was surprised to get them today and can’t wait to have them installed.

I think these would look great on black with chrome. They’ll almost be matte, but closer to the darker grill color, yet in some light be much brighter.
8089663B-4E6A-4F8D-A953-1108FE268B96.jpeg

Got the wheels and tires on today. Two things, it seems like I need to raise and level with tech stream. It is on a full sensor lift only and the drivers side seems to sag a bit. Passenger had no issue.

Removed the mud flaps, but had issues on the driver’s side, so trimmed a bit of the side step and pushed that bracket back some. Not hard and worked out. Only minimal rubbing with the new normal which were on hard left uturns and inclined reverse to the right. No issues at all in H in any capacity.

Once I was done at the shop and could clear with compression in H I went out to Peter’s Mill. As I make the left onto the trail I see two Jeeps, who put their signals on and follow me which was cool. They ended up being great guys and we strategized on how to get past some of the icy parts but halfway through from the Edinburg side, it got to be a bit too icy as none of us had a winch.

76A959C2-AF2E-4B5D-A5BF-856DAFB36FA3.jpeg
D711B9A9-CACE-4A99-BFB2-B903DF22F4EE.jpeg
89B44196-1863-4A29-8FC4-1834AB6DB5B4.jpeg
35F7729F-55F5-43BD-8D61-47F90AFD3A20.jpeg
64AAE69C-AA3B-4E58-BADA-2464ACA625B8.jpeg

Those look great with silver and I really like that tire size! I am surprised by how much darker they look in the real world than your first pics. I think this is a good route for me.
Also glad to see you didn't waste any time getting things dirty:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom