What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Daughter is home from college so a little country time

PXL_20221228_203024252.jpg

PXL_20221228_202643988.jpg

PXL_20221228_201623094.jpg

Massively stoked about this acquisition, and even more stoked to call Jonny (AKA Double Wrench) my friend! Like Tracy Lawrence says, you find out who your friends are!
10 hour round trip; also made a PT T-case drop for ceylonfj40nut.
Little Gaucho 3.4 manual swapped 4Runner ate up the miles dodging Cascadias and Teslas.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image0.jpeg
B8F19212-29DA-4044-BD73-48B012FB2EE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe. I need to clean it good and check. I can't seem to see it leak at idle moving the wheel(someone else moving wheel)
Original reservoir?

Screen in the bottom may be partially plugged causing slight pressurization and it’s leaking at the seam.

I took mine apart and the contamination in there was crazy. Pulled screen out and sonic cleaned it. I was surprised fluid was actually passing through the screen at a reasonable rate so it could keep up with the pump!

Post#31

Last edited:
I finally got around to finishing up my rear door cards and re-upholstery after ambient temps went up a little here. I think they turned out very well. And I'm anxious to see how the waterproof door card material holds up over the years. It was interesting to see how Toyota assembled them at the factory and also seeing how damaged they were from the years of abuse they've taken.

In all seriousness, the upholstery came off very easily and cleaned up well. The issues I ran into were related to PO neglect and maybe passengers in the back seat being destructive. I honestly think my next door cards on my other 80 will be a composite with fabric or even a carbon fiber laminate.

I used a 1/8 closed cell foam glued to the door cards, I think it actually made a big difference over the original open cell foam that disintegrated after 20 years.

All in all, I think it took me around 3-4hrs per door. But that came with a lot of lessons learned along the way, and sourcing consumables and reworking for mistakes I made along the way. If I had door cards cut w foam attached ahead of time, it would prob only take about an hour per side. I made myself templates for the front and rear doors, so I'll probably start playing around with some other door panel options.

Door Card 1.jpg

Door Card 4.jpg

Door card w foam.jpg

Door Foam.jpg

Rear door 1.jpg

Door Card 3.jpg

DS Door Assembled.jpg

PS Door Assembled.jpg

Spending a few days up north. We had guests flying in so my wife rented a car to haul everyone else. Who'da thunk that she'd harass me and rent a jeep?

7445C76A-7635-4FA8-9449-872DE3EBECDC.jpeg

Original reservoir?

Screen in the bottom may be partially plugged causing slight pressurization and it’s leaking at the seam.

I took mine apart and the contamination in there was crazy. Pulled screen out and sonic cleaned it. I was surprised fluid was actually passing through the screen at a reasonable rate so it could keep up with the pump!

Post#31

Probably. I've only owned it a year. I'll check that out! I was planning on a flush soon so I'll do both

Seat extensions. I'm 6'-5" and these are amazing. Installation takes a little bit of doing but if you're comfortable with drilling out welds and rivets and what not you will be fine. A QUALITY steel 5/8 countersink makes all the difference on one part.

6B82539A-D955-4924-BFBA-64C2813F11BA.jpeg

Original reservoir?

Post#31

Mine was dirty but not that dirty.
However I feel that between a few tabs being less than tight and the seal being hard as a rock, that was my leak.

Cleaned. Fipg on the seal. I'll let it sit over night and test it tomorrow

20221229_111232.jpg
20221229_111626.jpg
20221229_214212.jpg
20221229_214243.jpg

Mine was dirty but not that dirty.
However I feel that between a few tabs being less than tight and the seal being hard as a rock, that was my leak.

Cleaned. Fipg on the seal. I'll let it sit over night and test it tomorrow

View attachment 3205418View attachment 3205419View attachment 3205420View attachment 3205421
I spent $45 on a new one two years ago and have yet to install it.

Because mines a DD and I need to make the time for the effort.

I need to do a radiator, alternator, and oil change so this is the time I need to do that too!

I spent $45 on a new one two years ago and have yet to install it.

Because mines a DD and I need to make the time for the effort.

I need to do a radiator, alternator, and oil change so this is the time I need to do that too!

Mine is $110 and not available stateside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom