What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started removing my modified Kaymar to swap to a Dissent.
I’ve got lots of cleanup and rust remediation before the Dissent goes on. Swapping due to higher clearance, lighter weight, different swing setup.

My Kaymar with dual swings is up for grabs. New was $3650- I’d like $1800 obo picked up in central NY, or I can palletize and ship on your dime. PM for details and lots of pics if you’re interested

View attachment 3201872

View attachment 3201873

View attachment 3201874

Agreed. That's a way cool lift!

Thanks guys- two years ago I wanted to build a workshop, and my wife said, build whatever you can afford. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Those are Atlas FM9SL- 9,000 lbs to lift the Bruizer, but then flush into the floor so we can still park 2 wide in my 24’x32’ garage.

0E82A8C7-7FA8-4392-8379-9E3E07DFCEC3.jpeg

Thanks guys- two years ago I wanted to build a workshop, and my wife said, build whatever you can afford. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Those are Atlas FM9SL- 9,000 lbs to lift the Bruizer, but then flush into the floor so we can still park 2 wide in my 24’x32’ garage.

View attachment 3202947
love that idea. Disadvantage i guess is limited access to the center part of the vehicle? But it would have been really handy last night when I was pulling my winch to replace a ground wire. Lots of other uses. I just cut up my floor for big floor drains a few years ago. May have to cut up one of the bays again. 😂

love that idea. Disadvantage i guess is limited access to the center part of the vehicle? But it would have been really handy last night when I was pulling my winch to replace a ground wire. Lots of other uses. I just cut up my floor for big floor drains a few years ago. May have to cut up one of the bays again. 😂
The lift does block some, but not much. I am also more of an oil change, brakes, tire rotations guy than tranny swaps, etc.

996 hovering on lift.jpg

I've got a Bendpak hd7w 4 post lift, then a Handy motorcycle lift that's inset into the floor so I can still park a car over it. I just remove the wheel chock
690 on Handy lift table.jpg

Floor tiles are the snap together plastic ones, but I wouldn't get them again. They're not solid, they're perforated. Which is great during the winter since they're not slippery, but it makes them impossible to clean. I'd have to remove them completely to power wash them, then sweep up the garage floor, then put them back down again. If I had to do it again I'd get the solid plastic tiles, that way I could keep them clean

I installed the Slee formed slider steps. FYI, it can be done solo, but you'll enjoy the install more if you have a buddy. I am really happy with them. And thanks to the folks at slee for helping me troubleshoot an installation step over the phone.
IMG_9502.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9694.jpeg

It's been a busy week. My other Land Cruiser project was installing the Yaesu mobile radio. Started with the Slee battery terminals (to make this and other future projects easier), installed the Kaon mirror bracket antenna mount, electrical relay, ran the wiring under the carpet and into the center console storage box, and topped it off with the Gamiviti dashboard accessory mount. I also installed an external speaker under the glove box, but forgot to grab a picture of that. Lots of questions asked on MUD along the way, so thank you to everyone who offered guidance and tips.

IMG_9525.jpeg

IMG_9516.jpeg

IMG_9517.jpeg

IMG_9522.jpeg

IMG_9528.jpeg

My DIY ram tracks mount. Came out really great, been using it for about 6 months now and haven’t had any issues. I’ve found a 1 inch arm is all you need to make it super stable. Definitely nice to have the iPad accessible now and I think we can all agree covering up the CD player won’t be the end of the world.

E14316E1-89B0-4409-A687-4E80EBCC1D62.jpeg

368C57FA-B48E-4D05-859B-76DB42B574AC.jpeg

My DIY ram tracks mount. Came out really great, been using it for about 6 months now and haven’t had any issues. I’ve found a 1 inch arm is all you need to make it super stable. Definitely nice to have the iPad accessible now and I think we can all agree covering up the CD player won’t be the end of the world.

View attachment 3203629

View attachment 3203630
what bracket is that you use to connect the ram mount ?

Test fit for the new skids went good, still waiting on some parts for the transmission area.

20221228_143018.jpg

20221228_141640.jpg

20221228_145755.jpg

20221228_142115.jpg

20221228_142128.jpg

Can’t wait to get my hands on a set.

That aluminum or stainless? From the heft I would think aluminum. That and machining stainless is a bitch.
All aluminum, 60 lbs.

I might offer them with stainless skids which will be more expensive and weigh 120lbs.

Threaded holes in the sub frame have stainless keyserts.

Front cat guards are optional.

downloadfile-19.jpg

downloadfile-244.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom