Free Moly is a Good Thing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw this at work and asked if they were going to repack it. Nope, you can have it if you’d like. Yes… I’d like it. Looks like I’ll never have to buy moly grease again. 😂.

E40D8D4A-68ED-4994-AF5F-37673C0B6CF8.jpeg

Take a picture of the inside
I left it there, tagged for me. I’ll try and pick it up soon and grab one. Do you just want to see what it looks like inside, or are you looking for contamination?

I left it there, tagged for me. I’ll try and pick it up soon and grab one. Do you just want to see what it looks like inside, or are you looking for contamination?
Is that a "shipping damage" recovery?

Is that a "shipping damage" recovery?
Yeah. Ha ha. One of the guys crunched it with their lift. I’m rarely in the warehouse, as I drive trucks for delivery. But I always keep an eye out for freebies. I run a euro spec full syn 5w40 in the cruiser and got two 6 gallon bag in a boxes the other day.

Just noticed you’re in Olathe! I don’t get up that far, but I hit Ottawa once or twice a month. Usually pump off about 3000 gallons of ATF at the yard dog factory. I’m out of Wichita.

I think I'd have to leave that to someone in my will.
He showed me like 10+ kegs in repack of NLGI 1. I had to resist getting greedy. I’ve already got some tubes of that I do every other winter oil change in the knuckles.

Yeah. Ha ha. One of the guys crunched it with their lift. I’m rarely in the warehouse, as I drive trucks for delivery. But I always keep an eye out for freebies. I run a euro spec full syn 5w40 in the cruiser and got two 6 gallon bag in a boxes the other day.

Just noticed you’re in Olathe! I don’t get up that far, but I hit Ottawa once or twice a month. Usually pump off about 3000 gallons of ATF at the yard dog factory. I’m out of Wichita.
I need to remember that next time I'm headed your way. I go though Wichita "frequently" as I head to San Antonio or Tulsa for inspections.

I got a 5 HP double cylinder 80 gal air compressor that way. By the time I converted it from 480V 3Ph to 230V 1Ph, I could have bought one brand new...........

Which brand/model grease gun?

I picked up a cheapo battery powered grease gun maybe 10 years ago
but returned it as it was slower than a manual pump gun.

When we closed up the USA Today shop here nobody wanted the 3 10 pack boxes, or the 2 5 gallon pails of Schaffer 5% molygrease. So I
was forced to take it ALL! I feel soo guilty.

I got a 5 HP double cylinder 80 gal air compressor that way. By the time I converted it from 480V 3Ph to 230V 1Ph, I could have bought one brand new...........

Was thinking this sort of thing. Sometimes "free" ends up being expensive.

There's been loads of times I've brought home materials from with for possible projects, stored them, then ended up having to pay to dump them.

Some of the lighter weight fluids tend to float on top of the grease after being stored for a long time. Stir/blend it back in as much as possible to maintain integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom