What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uncle-eddie-christmas-vacation.gif

Removed my orange blinker bulb housing, found an old one and removed the plug and cables replaced it and glued the broken part with epoxy.
20221226_093519.jpg
20221226_093308.jpg

My first welding expeirnce resulted in a butchered hole filled iron stand.

My assurance to my wife that i will get it fixed has been achieved, i didnt tell her it will look nice though ....

Much much to learn, the metal is far too thin (yah its the irons fault) resulting in immediate holes even when i lowered the amp.

Well better head for welding forum (and buy a new iron stand)

P.s i took picture of the good side, the other was to ugly to show in public, i'm sure welders would cringe to this unholy abomination of a weld ....

20221226_092902.jpg

My make shift 12 volt tester, just an 12 v adapter spliced, marked positive and negative and my own little testing device.

Far more convenient and saves my car battery for sure ....

20221226_093254.jpg

My assurance to my wife that i will get it fixed has been achieved, i didnt tell her it will look nice though ....

Much much to learn, the metal is far too thin (yah its the irons fault) resulting in immediate holes even when i lowered the amp.

P.s i took picture of the good side, the other was to ugly to show in public, i'm sure welders would cringe to this unholy abomination of a weld ....

View attachment 3201855
You weld like me😂😂😂.

View attachment 3201855
Thin metal plus maybe some paint or galvanizing? Very difficult first project! Start on 1/8" stock (grind it clean) to get the hang of it and go thinner from there. Thats my advice anyway .02

Thin metal plus maybe some paint or galvanizing? Very difficult first project! Start on 1/8" stock (grind it clean) to get the hang of it and go thinner from there. Thats my advice anyway .02
Yah it is, probably insulated the metal hence it wasnt getting sparks. Great advice thank you.

Not sure whats happening but all of a sudden I'm getting leaks every where. Its undert transfer case, front right wheel, power steering and finnaly 2 spots under transmission .... never had this before was always one spot from power steering ......

20221226_184303.jpg

20221226_184245.jpg

Pulled into a fuel station to get diesel after a 300 and some change trip. Upon leaving the ps was groaning. Pulled over and popped the hood and had ps fluid everywhere. Caps leaking. Swung into the local dealer and grabbed one and topped off the fluid.

Pulled into a fuel station to get diesel after a 300 and some change trip. Upon leaving the ps was groaning. Pulled over and popped the hood and had ps fluid everywhere. Caps leaking. Swung into the local dealer and grabbed one and topped off the fluid.
When I heard mine groan the other day and then saw power steering fluid puking out, it was because a year old power steering pump failed. Thank goodness for warranties.

When I heard mine groan the other day and then saw power steering fluid puking out, it was because a year old power steering pump failed. Thank goodness for warranties.

I saw your thread. I suspected the cap due to where the fluid mess was. It was on the fuel rails and water separator housing

Got 2 LED turn signals on sale to replace the aging ones I got (After I change fenders though)

Turn signal.jpg

I wanted to wish every one a Happy new year and a merry Christmas and a heart felt thanks for the amazing support, knowledge and help provided in this forum by everyone.
(Not to mention the patience on my many questions! Thank you all)

One would be hard pressed to find a more well sorted, OEM parts sourced, refreshed-down-to-the-frame 80 series on the internet. Well done and enjoy!

P.S. I flippin’ love that he’s still running the OEM headlights, vintage incandescent bulb and all

P.P.S. Picked up a new panel to match the new vents and instrument plastics

4EEC0C2D-517F-4B15-B09D-AB640C35CDF6.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom