LX570 saves my family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday we were starting our drive home leaving Gunnison, CO and the worst thing you could ever see was developing in front of my eyes. A car traveling the opposite direction began drifting into my lane. My right side had a small curb with a deep gulley off to the right. I did the best I could to avoid a direct hit and got pushed into the gulley. The LX rolled and all I could think was , is everyone OK. I had my wife and 3 grown children in the truck. We all walked away from this, the other driver was injured but was awake and was taken to the hospital by the ambulance. A wonderful man in a fully modded Land cruiser not only stopped to check on us but helped us get back to town and spent the day helping us retrieve our belongings. So thankful for many reasons and for this cruiser community. lots of silver linings. Hug your family, don’t fret over the small stuff and have a Happy New Year!

0717AD17-D510-422A-8E24-E70653983FE0.jpeg

42E8AF22-DFEF-4178-A5EC-E7A3B6FFDD83.jpeg

AC7D545F-015C-4A7F-A575-7CC2251B4BA6.jpeg

E5F8993D-B709-427E-9864-233182F3DB58.jpeg

BBBE31C1-BA0C-4A5C-908A-134B4B0CCDFE.jpeg

This was the sick Landcruiser that came to our rescue. Thanks to my new friend Chris.
A1564B74-9E58-4586-9114-EB15589E2B46.jpeg

Glad to hear you are alright.
Mud does seem like a good group and LC owners alike.

Thanks for sharing and reminding us to not sweat the small stuff!

I hope you can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Is that the original windshield?
Surprised to see that thing flopping around in the pics.

Glad you are okay and it is good to hear that someone from the community was able to help out.

BTDT, owe my life to one of my 80s. Not the first or 1000th LC to save the occupants, and that is why I'm still driving one. My rolling survival shelter. Click and Clack awarded the LC "Vehicle I'd most want to be in if Martians attacked the Earth". Great to hear everyone is safe and unharmed!

Happy to hear everyone's ok. I've been perusing the 200 section a lot lately as I'm considering moving to one from my current 80. Your experience certainly proves the 200's safety margin is what I'm looking for.

Damn. Glad you all walked away from that - not a lot of people can say that in flipped-vehicle accidents.

Happy to hear everyone's ok. I've been perusing the 200 section a lot lately as I'm considering moving to one from my current 80. Your experience certainly proves the 200's safety margin is what I'm looking for.

If you want to look at one in person, I'm in nearby Vernon.

Blessed and heroic that you were aware and able to avoid the head-on. Your decision to get a high quality and safe vehicle payed off. I'm so glad you were safe! Thanks for sharing!

Yikes! Too bad about your Cruiser, but really glad to hear that everyone is OK. Do you know if the other driver had a medical event, mechanical issue, or was distracted?

A wonderful man in a fully modded Land cruiser not only stopped to check on us but helped us get back to town and spent the day helping us retrieve our belongings. So thankful for many reasons and for this cruiser community.
The cruiser community is real. Same thing happened to me. When I crashed my FJ40 coming back from Tahoe many years ago, a random cruiserhead behind me stopped and spent a lot of time helping me out. It was really awesome having his assistance. Glad to hear you guys were okay.

Yikes! Too bad about your Cruiser, but really glad to hear that everyone is OK. Do you know if the other driver had a medical event, mechanical issue, or was distracted?
Yikes is right. And glad everyone is okay. Perhaps the worst part is knowing what was about to happen and there not being a damn thing to be done.

As for the other driver, if I were to bet it was the later., distracted. And if the case I hope a citation was issued.

As for the other driver, if I were to bet it was the later., distracted. And if the case I hope a citation was issued.
Sadly, it's the most likely cause and pretty much the least forgivable (other than outright intentionally causing a collision). I certainly don't wish a medical emergency on someone, but at least if that was what happened, the accident is just that - an accident.

Glad to see that y'all survived unscathed and that a fellow Cruiser head came to your aide. I hope it gets replaced with another?!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. the other car drifted right into us and the driver corner struck his drivers corner, going about 60. Bright clear day, 8am. Going about our drive. When you see it happening in front of your eyes it happens pretty fast! The tow company said the cops are treating his car as a crime scene until they get more info, he said he just took his eyes off the road. We were on a 1/2-3/4 mile straight portion of the road. It’s funny but I am not angry, stuff happens. If one of my family were injured, I might have a different perspective. I do know one thing, my wife said please get another one, whatever you want so long as it’s a cruiser! Silver lining :). Oh, not original windshield.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. the other car drifted right into us and the driver corner struck his drivers corner, going about 60. Bright clear day, 8am. Going about our drive. When you see it happening in front of your eyes it happens pretty fast! The tow company said the cops are treating his car as a crime scene until they get more info, he said he just took his eyes off the road. We were on a 1/2-3/4 mile straight portion of the road. It’s funny but I am not angry, stuff happens. If one of my family were injured, I might have a different perspective. I do know one thing, my wife said please get another one, whatever you want so long as it’s a cruiser! Silver lining :). Oh, not original windshield.
You're definitely a much more level headed person than I am - I know for certain that I would be angry :). Hopefully your (his?) insurance will treat you fairly and you'll be able to buy another LC without much of a hit financially. Best of luck in your search for a replacement and once again, I'm happy to hear that nobody was seriously injured (I'm sure you're far happier about that than any of us are).

So scary, and so glad you were all OK. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom