98-07 Replacement Seat Back Frames (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plaidwagon

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello All,

My name is Kyle, I’ve been a lifelong Toyota guy and Mud member for a long time. Currently I have a ‘99 100 series and a GX470, but there’s a dozen previous models that have gotten me go where I am today. I work as a fabricator, welder, and a machinist. My latest idea has been dialed in and I’m ready to share it with the Cruiser community.

I’ve owned 3 80’s and 2 100’s- each with the same problem. The saggy and unusable seat back nets.

With four kids, daily duties, and many road/camp trips per year- my Cruisers are well used. The seat back nets are a valuable space for gear and random items. When I picked up my latest 100 the PO had cut out the nets because they were so bad. So I had to come up with a solution.

My product is a 100% bolt on 5052 aluminum frame to replace the factory plastic net. The frame is laced with 1/8” shock cord and powder coated to appeal to the factory interior. The hardware is all stainless steel so it will never rust or corrode.

The main advantages to these frames are:
- The flexible shock cord easily adapts to the shape of whatever items you want to store in them. From binoculars to trail books, they will stay secure. The bent lower lip acts as a shelf to keep items from slipping down.
- The shock cord is replaceable. In 10-15 years when your Cruiser is still running strong, you can replace the cord to keep them looking fresh.

I have a small website set up to handle purchasing, visit-

www.plaidwagon.bigcartel.com

The installation is fairly straightforward and fun to do. If you like instant gratification then you’ll really enjoy it.

Install is basically the same as an 80 series but you just have to pull quickly on the top corners of the panel for removal, no screws at the bottom.

Pricing starts at $100 for a complete set, plus $20 for shipping within the lower 48. I’ll gladly ship to AK, HI, and around the world but we’ll have to figure out what that costs with each order.

Custom colors available upon request.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Designed and manufactured right here in Colorado.

Thanks!

Kyle Freud

Plaidwagon, LLC
Grand Junction, Colorado
USMC Veteran

72661021-40EF-40EB-8B4B-6D325D596FBE.jpeg

930AABF5-748D-4DEC-A19A-F25A3C10A4C2.jpeg

15A34504-2F34-4263-A48F-EE8BC5211C0C.jpeg

Don't think the Tech forums are the place to sell things...

Like the idea and the looks of those.

Also appreciate that this post wasn't preceded by a couple of phony "Gee, I wish there were some solution to the sagging cargo nets..." threads!

ETA:
And now I see you're a supporting vendor so you probably know better than I where to post - my mistake.

BTW You should put a row of holes across the bottom for alternate weaving/attachment options - I'll take any residuals in the form of a donation to the Yankee Toys Fall Gathering raffle! ;)

Last edited:
Supporting vendor posting a product in tech is fine . Asking for donations should maybe be done by PM.

Those look fantastic, great solution, love to see more products coming out for 100s!
Thank you for the clarification! Hate to be the guy cluttering up the tech sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom