Take a moment to stop in and witness the Last NOS 69055-60020 / 69055-60040 flip-door rear hatch lock cylinder on earth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Take a moment to stop in and witness the birth and eventual death of Last NOS 69055-60020 / 69055-60040 flip-door rear hatch lock cylinder on planet earth ALL 80 series 91-97 .

thanks

Last edited:
1672021999513.jpeg

Maybe it's like facebook, etc. where an advertiser can pay money to have ads forcibly inserted?

A few years ago I was able to get a full new genuine lockset for my barn door 80. Those sets are now priced well over $1000 via Amayama (if they are actually available).

I wonder if AUS delivered had different keys?
mine look different to those. Whereas the keys above are cut on the outsides like traditional keys mine are cut on the inside if that makes sense and the edges are completely flat front to back but the black bit with Toyota on it is the same
I bought brand new so they are original by the way

I would think someone could machine an aluminum or stainless replacement. I really don't like the original chrome. Would rather have one that's black chrome or anodized.

that's a neat idea ,

but look at these tech photos

the actual lock cylinder housing is cast into the main body under the rubber weather seal ?

What’s the difference between the two part numbers?

that's a neat idea ,

but look at these tech photos

the actual lock cylinder housing is cast into the main body under the rubber weather seal ?
Just make it so they are seperate. Have the housing made so a regular lock cylinder(either a oem toyota or generic) clips into the housing. Then the housing bolts to the hatch. Nobody would know the difference until you opened the housing. Should be fairly straight forward I would think??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom