New Cooper Rugged Trek AT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx200inAR

TLCA# 29584
SILVER Star
Threads

Seems to be marketed as a hybrid Highway/All Terrain tire. Comes in a few LT sizes suitable for 200 series and have some deep treads. No experience with it, just didn't see any posts about them yet.​

DISCOVERER® RUGGED TREK™​

Fits SUV and TruckAll-Season

Tire Image

PreviousNext
Up To 60,000 Miles Treadwear Protection
  • Aggressive tread design offers a tough look
  • Excellent on-road traction and comfort
  • Two sidewall designs for versatile style
Tires For Tough Style and On-Road Performance
The all-new Discoverer® Rugged Trek™ is the ultimate suburban cruiser. It’s an all-season tire featuring an aggressive tread design that delivers excellent traction and comfort for daily commutes and weekend adventures. Don’t be surprised to see other on-road tires shaking in their treads as you roll through your neighborhood with Discoverer® Rugged Trek™.

• DEEP TREAD DEPTHS​

16/32nds (SUV) & 18.5/32nds (LT)
  • EARTH DIGGERS™​

Large shoulder scoops and lugs combine to forcefully dig into dirt, sand and mud.
  • STONE BLOCKADES™​

Jutting ridges expel lodged stones and protect against sharp rocks.
  • STABLE TRAC™ TECHNOLOGY​

Omni-directional, micro gauge siping enhances traction on roads and surfaces, improving stability and control.
  • WHISPER GROOVES™ TECHNOLOGY​

Specially designed sound barrier walls reduces road noise.

Looks more like an AT to me than Hybrid. The new Hancook DynaPro MT2 looks promising as well.

Maybe so....if the slotting on their website isn't arbitrary, looks like they land it between the AT3 XLT and the S/T Maxx

Yeah, there are a few big 20's, but the 17's and 18's stop at 33.

Cooper tire is now owned by GoodYear. FYI

Need more sizes and maybe some load C LT’s. I like all the wipes, I need a tire that handles snow and ice in Chicago area. Not 3 peak rates though. I think I’ll stick to the Wildpeak AT3w.

Anyone have any review of this on the 200?

It is indeed limited to 33" but looks like an awesome tire with true integrated shoulder and good siping.

Interesting offering, looks like the largest 275/70 out there 33.7”x11.1” most seem to be 33.2”x11”

Yes, in looking at these again. It's one of the most aggressive ISO metric offerings out there. Standard 33" ISO tires with 16/32nds tread depth. The LT rated tires have 18.5/32nds Most other brands of LT tires are only 16-ish /32ndswith the ISO/P Metric versions being 11-13 32nds.

For those who wanted to start close to stock on a 17" wheel, the 285/70R17 ISO tire looks pretty nice.

I was initially intrigued by this one too, especially in the LT 275/70R18 size. A couple "negatives" for me and my needs are that it lacks a 3 ply sidewall and the LT sizes are not snow rated. When I reached out to Cooper a while back they mentioned they do not plan on adding the 3pmsf to the LT Tires, bummer.

Subbed. I’m new tire shopping.

Why can’t we get D rated a/t tires in 34” on. 18” wheels? Not everyone needs an E rated tire if you rarely tow. Seems to me D rated tires would sell well in a 295/70r18 or 285/70r18

Why can’t we get D rated a/t tires in 34” on. 18” wheels? Not everyone needs an E rated tire if you rarely tow. Seems to me D rated tires would sell well in a 295/70r18 or 285/70r18
Honestly, I don’t think most people can tell the difference between a D and an E, and it looks like most tire manufacturers agree, and have lumped everything into P/ISO metric, C, and E load ratings. (Or maybe the load ranges available match the common vehicle sizes… P/ISO for light SUVs and crossovers, C for 1/2 ton trucks, and E for 3/4 and 1 tons). Most of the D rated tires seem to be unusual sizes, like Kenda’s 35x10.50R17.

I went from D rated KO2s to C rated on my Tacoma and I can’t tell the difference. I’d suspect the same tire in E to D rated on a 200 would likely be a similarly unnoticeable difference.

You’ll get way more ride difference changing tire manufacturer and model than the difference between D and E rated tires in the same size and model.

Last edited:
As to the OP’s original question, the Rugged Trek looks like a good Hybrid Mud/AllTerrain, and seem to slot in cooper’s line-up accordingly. I almost bought a set last winter, but missed a sale and then they got expensive and hard to find…

If you’re considering the Rugged Trek, also note that there’s a new Toyo Open Country RT Trail available that looks good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom