BJ74 rear quarter replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kind words, very much appreciated. Has me looking at the 'undamaged' side, and I know that the whole of the bottom
of the B pillar is the same. Ugh! Won't have time for it now. I've got to see about wheel well patch panels for BJ74,
I sure don't want to replace a whole panel for some rust.
Today was empty attic/shoot rats/throw out all the attic insulation/go to dump/nap.
T-Case on the 60 is spewing oil - NEXT! God I hope it ain't serious, heading to the Yukon and can't have this!

I'll update this as soon as I complete the final patching of the factory flare holes, and have
some kind of paint on it. J

Anyhow, after degreasing and power washing the t-case is good. Appears the oil filter was a slight bit loose.
All good. Back to finishing flare holes tomorrow.

What do you use to grind down welds?
Maybe you do so well no grinding is needed.

What do you use to grind down welds?
Maybe you do so well no grinding is needed.

Not that good!! I use a flapper wheel on my 4 1/2" grinder. Care has to be taken so as to not take the
surrounding material away. I use the 80 and 40 grit flapper disc. Mine are no name brand, I have some
that are made by JET Powerblend in 4 1/2" and 5". I also bought some glazing putty for the top of the
bed rail and to fill some of the spot welds so they'll finish nicer for paint.

My flap wheel experiences have not been good. They seem to wear out quickly. I like to use a "flexible" grinding wheel then maybe a flap or plain sanding disk. I like the Walter Quick step pads too.
For hidden places, I finish the surface off with JB Weld.

any update?

any update?

All done except paint. The roll over was bad enough that even the window frame on the RH door was bent out over 1"!!
I managed to find a donor with clean rust free convertible doors, and another donor with rust free full doors. So summer
was convertible, and I just yesterday finished the endless 5-6 hrs of cleaning up wiring to make all the windows, door locks and
mirrors work electrically. I even replaced the old trashed door panels.
I replaced the pro comp wheels with a set of new Stealth F5's which give it more class than it deserves, but it's finished
truck aside from paint.
It will be buckskin brown/ black roof, with black trim.

IMG_3207.JPG
IMG_3738.JPG

Yeah, lots of thumbs up and high fives! I have it down to 20 min for removal,
about 45 to put it back together

Stealth Custom Series F5 17x9 3.5” BS
Toyo MT 285/75R17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom