CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I always wondered why Toyota went to a 3 speed after the 20 series.... then back to a 4 speed later on. How were the manners/functionality of that early 4 speed compared to the 3 speed?
Because auto history. They used to make straight-8 cars with two gears, because 'stroker' engines are relatively (for the SBCs reading) torque monsters. Performance is bought at the gas pump. It is so much better to let the engine do the driving, then trying to make it happy by working a clutch. Before lockers/traction control, it would be better to have run up a hill in a higher gear and more speed so that it can bog down the motor before your tires loose grip with the gravel. I hate having to split driving between second and third on my 4-speed, because the Toyota 6-cylinder would be so much more comfortable with a J30 in second gear behind it. The market demanded more gears, Toyota complied. - Strictly my opinion.

This ‘62 Four Wheeler issue (from another post) points to the gearing ratio advantage of the 3x2 over the 4x1. I guess the 4x2 wasn’t in the works yet 🤷‍♂️.
701519EB-7A05-4B2C-AF41-7DF8B9C98E82.jpeg
5BC16904-ECE1-4B9F-BBAE-3239558584AC.jpeg

Mhh, but does it means anything?

On the mastercatalog I already noticed that some configuration not available were listed
View attachment 3163769
4H 4-speed column shift... but no one ever saw this configuration and no model type has a 4H listed in the characteristics.
My 1970 FJ40 has a 4 speed column shift….

Vintage Toyota Logo shirts are in.

We have you covered so laundry day is one more day away. (XS and XXL sizes on this run. 😉)

Bundle with a Flag and save $.

Put one on and sit on your tailgate and contemplate your next LC modification or repair. 😂

82D2073D-C0CF-4BB3-A026-3981BE7A167A.jpeg

398980A7-AE33-4FC7-B9A2-2D7A22929AA4.jpeg

Vintage Toyota Logo shirts are in.

We have you covered so laundry day is one more day away. (XS and XXL sizes on this run. 😉)

Bundle with a Flag and save $.

Put one on and sit on your tailgate and contemplate your next LC modification or repair. 😂

View attachment 3189554

View attachment 3189557
I was drinking Rainier (in high school) looooooong before it was cool.

Bushings and Koito red body reflectors have been restocked on the website. :) Get tighter shifter feel and more visibility for your old rig! The parts are laying against an old SST manual that I brought back from the Netherlands. It will be scanned and up on the website soon so people can utilize it. :cheers:
IMG_0547.jpg

We were recently added some new and beautiful early 40 switches to site.
Map light switch
Headlight switch

Front.jpg

Small side.jpg

The little map light is a 65 to pre-67ish variety with the screw terminals on the rear. The later map/Vader lights moved to bullet connectors on the rear. Just in case someone needs it... We made a clean little adapter using genuine Yazaki wire with tinned ends so later 40s could run these switches with zero issue. :D
Pull switch harness.jpg

We LOVE customer photos! A great supporter of ours sent us these photos of some refurbished 70 series fog lamps he acquired from us on his 40 series. :cheers: They are going to look oh so good! :cool: . All the fog lamps we sell are upgraded with new wire, terminals, connectors, bulbs and more!
40-70 fogs.jpeg

Looking for a pair of larger Halogen Koito fog lamps for your cruiser? Hit us up! We have a thing for Toyota fog lamps :grinpimp:

We loaded up a pair of very cool vintage Koito driving lamps on the site. Perfect for a 40 series in our opinion. Never seen this type of lamp before from them and they come with oh so cool light covers and the original boxes. The lamps are 130W sealed halogen units and functionally tested. :cool:
IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

My personal favorite shot of these lights :D
IMG_0593.jpg

Last edited:
Also, we were able to secure more of these amazing OEM switches! They are on the way to us right now. They are used as switches for the "map/Vader" light in the 40 series, but could also make great low key accessory switches.
View attachment 3235963
Is this what is used to turn on the interior light above the door in the mid 70's 40's too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom