Back door Struts HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please confirm that these are the right part numbers for the RH and LH struts that hold the upper door in place:
It's for a 1990 HDJ81 VX Ltd.

68950-60030 STAY ASSY, BACK DOOR RH
68960-60020 STAY ASSY, BACK DOOR LH

I'm tired of getting bonked on the head when the struts fail when I'm reaching in for something.

Thanks
Gord

It looks like that's it to me judging by my view on the EPC....

As for prices it looks to be 107 USD a side, ouch!

A buddy of mine got his rebuilt for about $50 a piece (he sent them away, I'll have to look where), and he could launch a cat with them now.

Worth a thought to look into.

Craig.

Frank at Strutwise is the man! He set my M101 lid/RTT up with correct struts and tweaked the pressures right into that sweet spot.

Thanks alot guys! They still work but only on really hot days...if it is cool out it starts to droop and when its cold out(<-5C) it won't hold up. I'll get these shipped away here shortly.

Gord

I know that you have a Princess Auto in Edmonton. Before you ship check them out for struts in their surplus section. I got a set for my BJ60 st the Kingston store for $7 each. They are an inch shorter than stock but work great. Sure beats the retail price!

Strutwise if you want to rebuild your OEMs...otherwise I have a set of Aussie ones from Ebay that work great! Forget what I paid for them, but somewhere around $75 incl. shipping sounds vaguely right. They're brand new.

I just got my rear hatch struts back from Frank @ Strutwise.

I had them in my hand a week to the day from when I sent them out via UPS. It was about $100 including shipping for the pair of them. It would have been cheaper if I dropped off/picked up but I didn't want to drive out to Surrey.

The difference is night and day.

Before, particularly in cold weather, I would be assisting the lift the whole way up and actually pushing it the last little bit then waiting for the strut to catch up and hold the hatch. Now as soon as I pop the lever it rises by itself all the way to the top.

AWESOME! Thanks for the suggestion, guys!

(Beware: The hatch is much heavier than you think. Fully support it before starting to remove the struts. :D)

(Beware: The hatch is much heavier than you think. Fully support it before starting to remove the struts. :D)

how do you know that Adam . ? ;)

Having mine done from Frank at Strutwise and I cannot reccomend them enough. Don't waste time trying to find a replacement or something close, just send them to Frank.

I recently ordered a pair from liftsupportsdepot.com, and was very happy with them. My stock ones were a little saggy. The new ones are perfect, and included the brackets to attach them to the body. Just pop the bolts off and attach the new ones. Easy-peasy.

I recently ordered a pair from liftsupportsdepot.com, and was very happy with them. My stock ones were a little saggy. The new ones are perfect, and included the brackets to attach them to the body. Just pop the bolts off and attach the new ones. Easy-peasy.
I replaced both my rear hatch and hood with struts from liftsupportsdepot probably almost 10 years ago and they are still working just fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom