New to Group (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just checking in and searching the forum.
2002 Landcruiser, 169,000 miles, zero rust, bone stock. Recent maintenance from is running boards removed, new timing belt and heater tee's. Two days ago the radiator started to leak, so that is next on the list. Thought about putting a Mishimoto aluminum radiator in, but am leaning toward the OEM now after reading up. Plans are to lift, replace front and rear bumpers, and new tires. Rig will be for long road trips to the woods and minimum maintenance roads to fish, camp and canoe.

IMG_0009.jpg

Looking good, always go OEM. Every time you install an aftermarket part a little piece of your land cruisers soul dies.

Why lift it, do you need an extra inch or so of clearance while rock crawling? That truck is very capable in its stock form

Last edited:
Sounds like the perfect vehicle for you, welcome.

Looking good, always go OEM. Every time you install an aftermarket part a little piece of your land cruisers soul dies.

Why lift it, do you need an extra inch or so of clearance while rock crawling? That truck is very capable in its stock form
I agree, stock it's more than capable. I live in the Nebraska so no rocks to climb! I do go to Colorado and Mn fishing. I just thought it might be better to have a little lift if I decide to go down a road less traveled. Pry look cooler too, I don't want to lose that smooth ride on the highways though.

I agree, stock it's more than capable. I live in the Nebraska so no rocks to climb! I do go to Colorado and Mn fishing. I just thought it might be better to have a little lift if I decide to go down a road less traveled. Pry look cooler too, I don't want to lose that smooth ride on the highways though.
Yeah for sure, if it's a smooth riding truck now don't mess with the suspension, maybe a fresh set of oem shocks and bushing one day.

The only reason to justify messing with it is if you are going to be loading down some weight in the rear and maybe need some heavier coils or plan to add bumpers / armor in the future. In my opinion all things that slowly made my truck ride a bit worse with each mod but the upgrades were necessary to do the type of riding we do and carry more weight than usual.

Here is my stock ride height and tire size. Heavier coils in the rear to accommodate heavier loads and a bit of a twist on the torsion bars to get the front end up just a little bit. I've been on solo 40+ hour road trips through some brutal roads and this rig has never let me down.
1671553196792.png

1671553113706.png

Good tires and some skids and get after it.

Nice looking vehicle!

OEM radiators are great. Mishomoto does make super nice stuff but my OEM lasted 20 years.

He wants a lift because it is his vehicle and he can do so if he pleases.

Replace your radiator cap when you do the radiator. My OEM radiator began leaking in just over a year PROBABLY because the PO "declined the replacement radiator cap" according to the service history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom