craigslist cruiser crap (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love it. Way high though. I’ve put OME on every Toyota I’ve ever owned and always loved it. This is already set up. But, at that price you could probably set up the other one samesees. It’s basically exactly what I’d do though.

Have the seller send you well-lit pics of the frame rails above the rear wheels. When they say "no major rust" on the frame... that can mean anything from pristine to not quite broken in two. You gotta be closer to the former to buy a 1st Gen, IMO.

$13K is probably market for a very good 1st Gen with a 3.4/slush box.

I think I am gonna buy something, then see how much I recoup after I sell the 4Runner. So.... I'm definitely looking. That beige one keeps getting posted with a lower price and a different link every day. Seems fishy. Anyway... I'm on the prowl for a taco. 12,000 budget tops.

Have the seller send you well-lit pics of the frame rails above the rear wheels. When they say "no major rust" on the frame... that can mean anything from pristine to not quite broken in two. You gotta be closer to the former to buy a 1st Gen, IMO.

$13K is probably market for a very good 1st Gen with a 3.4/slush box.
Carfax report shows it was 1 owner Colorado truck until 7 months ago... all good things on report. Seems well cared for. Current owner is LEO in SC. Says he needs a bigger family vehicle. Waiting on more pictures and some other questions from him.

Anyone looking for a 2013 200? Grey w/ 122K for $36K @ Koons Annapolis.

Carfax report shows it was 1 owner Colorado truck until 7 months ago... all good things on report. Seems well cared for. Current owner is LEO in SC. Says he needs a bigger family vehicle. Waiting on more pictures and some other questions from him.
Here are some more pictures. What do you guys think on frame condition?

63876CC0-578D-4DA0-95F0-BF05014975D5.jpeg

F3BCFE41-BEF6-450E-A852-31025AE6B2F5.jpeg

275548D4-9269-43E0-A8AA-B55D19864B75.jpeg

20A9B24D-33A2-4662-BADD-0C7E4249AB86.jpeg

I believe the area of most concern is at the rear spring hangers so be sure to check there

For what it’s worth he said he wanted me to see worst areas. He was up front about clear coat and paint issues on hood and roof. I expected that. One area of concern though is around window. Is this rust? He had just sprayed it off…

9C61D984-7A5A-40E4-B5A6-B5EDFC5B8652.png

BEAC84EF-3A72-42D6-8A50-17FA375C2AF7.jpeg

6F0AF75E-0F2E-4D58-8D48-C7A2D11E793E.jpeg

F2740106-431A-425F-9D08-0CD5C3EEF34E.jpeg

I don’t know. I maybe had unrealistic expectations. I don’t think it’s too bad at all underneath. Don’t know if I am willing to max my budget on something with body rust bubbling up at the window/roof area.

Coast to coast vehicle shipping is absolutely bat**** crazy expensive right now.

From what's shown in those pics, I'd give that Taco a B/B- grade. With "A" being like new and "F" being snapped in half. You really gotta look around the rear suspension, though. That's the most trouble-prone area,

Coast to coast vehicle shipping is absolutely bats*** crazy expensive right now.

From what's shown in those pics, I'd give that Taco a B/B- grade. With "A" being like new and "F" being snapped in half. You really gotta look around the rear suspension, though. That's the most trouble-prone area,
Fair. The claim is it is mechanically flawless. Not surprised there with 175K and essentially 1 owner (he bout it from OO 7 months ago then got wife pregnant). I think its a solid deal if I can get it for 12. It should be a reliable truck for me that can tow my utility trailer to dump and get my wife and I to the hospital/firehouse if snow is flying so we can work. Also will be fun for camping and trails if time allows. I will post up if I end up with it. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom