LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update - they are telling me the "brains" of the unit is bad after they are sending me a new one and CANBUS box. I'll admit I'm not surprised by this based on what others have said in this thread.

I will say that the support from Rhino Radios has been better expected, so there is that.

Anyone looking to sell the bottom bezel/trim for the 03+ LX470 after doing this conversion please PM me. Thx.

This one:
28BFB816-8E28-496F-9619-7642F3D0885D.jpeg

Is there any upgraded radio that has half the screen that these Tesla style radios have? I really hate the factory head unit but also cannot stand the gigantic Tesla radios. Is there not some happy medium?

Is there any upgraded radio that has half the screen that these Tesla style radios have? I really hate the factory head unit but also cannot stand the gigantic Tesla radios. Is there not some happy medium?
You can buy a Teyes CC3 or similar screen and the necessary trim from Aliexpress.

still working with Rhino Radio/the factory to see why I still don't have any audio. I do get the "beep" when changing settings though. sent more screen shots and videos again tonight.

Got bored so I took the door panels off to check on the condition of the speaker, ah, yeah, they are shot. I'm amazed that sounded as good as they did despite virtually all the surround material being gone. New ones will be going in all 4 doors tomorrow.

I was surprised to find the front speaker enclosure was just a plastic trim ring, not like the fully enclosed ones I've seen here on the forum.

Did the 2003 models have that?

After nearly 3 months since I placed the order for the radio, I have it installed and working. One of the connectors that plugged into the factory harness wasn't supposed to be used. Once that was unplugged it worked fine.

I would that there are still some bugs to work out but so far I'm impressed with speed and functions. Eric at Rhino Radio has been great, very responsive to my texts.

I replaced the front speakers with a pair of Sundown Audio 6.5's in the front and reused the factory tweeter and a set of Alpine Type S 3.5's in the rear door made massive improvement in the sound. I would guess that the sub is due for a replacement too, adding that to the list.

Hey everyone! Happy to finally join the 100 series club. I just bought a 2004 LX with the Mark Levinson sounds system. The previous owner installed one of these Tesla style android systems and I noticed the speakers on the drivers side of the car are not working at all. I checked the balance settings in the head unit and if i put all the power to the drivers side, the passenger speakers are still the only speakers with sound. Anyone have any ideas before I start to tear things apart?

So I picked up a 2004 lx470 with a phoenix px6 screen

I am having issues with “whining “ as rpm increases

Best I can find is it’s a ground issue?

My question is what ground and where is it located that would affect this ?

Thanks !

Ive had the PX6 for a little over a year, and I love it, but I am in need of a new key fob.....
has anyone found a way to program a key fob on this, as the stock unit was used to program originally...

Hey everyone! Happy to finally join the 100 series club. I just bought a 2004 LX with the Mark Levinson sounds system. The previous owner installed one of these Tesla style android systems and I noticed the speakers on the drivers side of the car are not working at all. I checked the balance settings in the head unit and if i put all the power to the drivers side, the passenger speakers are still the only speakers with sound. Anyone have any ideas before I start to tear things apart?
Curious about this as well, mine also whines when rpm increases, a grounding issue I think? Do you have that problem?

***Update***

Still working with support to get Android Auto to stop freezing up. I download and installed an update which didn't seem to do much.

I did figure out how to get the side trim panels inside, bottom trip clip to go on. None of the ones from the factory trim would fit it so the bottom, inside corner was sticking out. I had to shave down one of the yellow clips, it was too wide to fit and then with a small bit on a Dremel I had to make a slot in the "post" so it would clip in. If you look at one off the other ones that clip fits on its clear what needs to be done.

Curious about this as well, mine also whines when rpm increases, a grounding issue I think? Do you have that problem?
I don’t have that issue. I’m really unimpressed with this head unit and I’m researching other options. So now wondering how difficult it is to reverse the Tesla style screen installation. After looking at another thread I really like the teyes cc3 unit but I’d need to find the hvac controls which is a whole other thing

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but for those of you that have switched to a modern head unit and sourced a dash with the physical climate control buttons: do you sacrifice having physical audio buttons with this setup? I'm interested in updating everything but not sure I want to give up having a volume knob and previous/next track buttons.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but for those of you that have switched to a modern head unit and sourced a dash with the physical climate control buttons: do you sacrifice having physical audio buttons with this setup? I'm interested in updating everything but not sure I want to give up having a volume knob and previous/next track buttons.
I know what you mean and yeah, it would be annoying but the steering wheel controls more than make up for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom