Rear seat latch won't lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So been noticing a strange sound in my 200 for a little bit. Tonight I figured it out, one of the rear seat latches isn't locking into place. It's the middle one on the larger 60 part of the rear bench. If I fold the seat forward, then put it back into place, but keep the seat back folded down, it's latched. But then when I go to put the seat back up into position so someone could sit there, it unlatches.

WTF? Not sure how to fix this, suggestions welcome!

I noticed mine intermittently did the same. I just kind of slammed it with a little more force to get it to latch last time it happened. I was thinking it was either carpet padding was less playable when cold, or the seat frame not 100% true, causing less than full downward motion of the seat in order to latch?

I noticed mine intermittently did the same. I just kind of slammed it with a little more force to get it to latch last time it happened. I was thinking it was either carpet padding was less playable when cold, or the seat frame not 100% true, causing less than full downward motion of the seat in order to latch?
It is pretty cold out now, but I've tried to slam it down harder and it hasn't worked.
I had the same problem. I solved it by taking the rear seats out permanently.
I've done that with the third row but I need to keep the 2nd row in, use it quite a bit

What's strange is that it's latched until I fold the seat back up into place

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom