FJ25 T-Bird Hood Emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my 65 fj40 hardtop did not have either hold downs on the hood, or the little catches on the top of the windshield

Hallo Land Cruiser Junky. I have a FJ28LVA from the year 1959. Picture will follow. Greetings, Günter

Hallo Land Cruiser Junky. I have a FJ28LVA from the year 1959. Picture will follow. Greetings, Günter

Wow, I love the FJ28LVA. I can't wait to see this picture.

I am interested in a emblem if possible. I ended up with a 65 fj40 that after close inspection/investigation has an fj 25 front clip on it. The hood even has the holes for the emblem. I know it’s not pure fj25 but it may be the closest I come to actually owning one.

93AE2716-BFFD-455A-8FE4-FE4A978A1E4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, I would have agreed with Mark and thought for sure that the folding windshield would have come with the hook retainer and rest. I just learned something new about the 25.

To all of you who have contacted me, I've got about another 7-10 days before I start tooling and polishing the brass emblems. It takes about 6 hours each emblem, and then they need to go to be chrome plated.View attachment 1533456

Good morning, I am looking for one emblem for my FJ25. She is almost finished (2-3 months).

6cdf8ee7-be16-4e7a-b190-7228d373efd2.JPG

f810eec9-b09b-48e2-a950-f9d71d4b40a8.JPG

Can you imagine how much better the 25 registry would be if every person who put a request in this thread added their rig to the registry first?

:idea:

Can you imagine how much better the 25 registry would be if every person who put a request in this thread added their rig to the registry first?

:idea:

I was just thinking the same thing! Where are all of these things coming from?

Hello Land Cruiser Junky.

I don't have an FJ25, my oldest is an 64 FJ45. Its not to say that someday I might not have an FJ25. Would love to own one.

When you are done with the FJ25 guys, if you have a spare I would love to buy it off ya.

Thanks

@Land Cruiser Junky do you have any spare t-bird logos you can part with? A friend is in search of one.

@Land Cruiser Junky do you have any spare t-bird logos you can part with? A friend is in search of one.

I have given all of the completed T-Bird emblems away, and actually took my last good one off my LV and gave it to Gunter (johnboy60) for his FJ28LVA. However, I do have several that are in the raw and I just moved across country and retired. In a few months I will complete my projects on the new house and a few things that I need to do on my 40 and 60. I will have to find a new plater, but what I'm saying is I will now have the time to start working on emblems again. It has been years. Does your friend have a 25? The reason I ask is that most guys want one for their 40, and they want it for nothing. After hearing the price I never hear from them again. I really make no money on these. It takes about 6 hours to tool and polish each one, plus paying to have them cast in solid brass and plated. I do it for the love of providing a unicorn for guys that really need one to complete their project. I'll be glad to make one for him if he's serious, It'll just be a little while. He or you can message me.

My friend has a 25. Please PM me $.

my friend is in Sri Lanka where they do know how to get a diamond in the rough to shine. What would “raw and unplated” cost?

my friend is in Sri Lanka where they do know how to get a diamond in the rough to shine. What would “raw and unplated” cost?
Maybe it’s just me, but I think your question rubs the wrong way.
Gene just got done posting that he’s on the leading edge of what promises to be a long transition into a new life. It’s probably going to be more than a year, probably more than two until he finds himself in a place to deal with these again.
And if things can change in ’a New York minute’ they sure can in a couple of years of a man’s life. This I have abundantly lived myself since my mother died two years ago.
So whatever price he might give you now could vary well be meaningless in a couple of years, unless you plan on trying to hold him to it (which people have done to me).
Obviously it’s Gene’s project and I’m not trying to speak for him. But imo you should tell your friend to just cool his jets. The emblems are a labor of love. And you can’t rush love.😊

Maybe it’s just me, but I think your question rubs the wrong way.
Gene just got done posting that he’s on the leading edge of what promises to be a long transition into a new life. It’s probably going to be more than a year, probably more than two until he finds himself in a place to deal with these again.
And if things can change in ’a New York minute’ they sure can in a couple of years of a man’s life. This I have abundantly lived myself since my mother died two years ago.
So whatever price he might give you now could vary well be meaningless in a couple of years, unless you plan on trying to hold him to it (which people have done to me).
Obviously it’s Gene’s project and I’m not trying to speak for him. But imo you should tell your friend to just cool his jets. The emblems are a labor of love. And you can’t rush love.😊
I will let Gene decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom